Air conditioner install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air conditioner install

I have a truck with a cap on it that I camp in. Has anyone installed a small air conditioner in their truck with a cap on it. I have a little 5000btu AC I would like to install somehow. Also is there an adapter to use in the 30amp receptical at campgrounds to use to plug in the ac to the receptical. Any help appreciated.

I hope I posted in the correct forum.

Re: Air conditioner install

I have not put an AC in a truck cap, but I have in small teardrop trailers. Not sure how you were thinking of installing the AC, permanently, or just when you need it. How do you get into the bed? If you are still using a tailgate, I would build something there. Having the AC at your feet will be more comfortable then by your head. I would leave the tailgate down and rest the AC on the tailgate when in use. Just build a small frame to stick the business end of the AC into the sleeping area. By putting the AC on one side ,the other half of the new tailgate can have a gate door that swings out to let you exit. Close the cap window down onto the new tailgate and you are in business. When you drive away, just push the AC and new tailgate inside and bed of the truck. Yes they do have 30 Amp adapters.

Comment

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. I'm going to take your suggestion and try to mount it at the tailgate. Would you know where to get the adapter and what its called. Thanks again
      Last edited by TerryJW; 06-14-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

You're welcome, I think it should work putting the AC on the tailgate. This is what I think you are looking for. If not there are several others on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Arcon-14054-G...110+rv+adapter

Comment

A/C? We don't need no stinkin' A/C!
          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
            Then this question was not for you....

Comment

I did not need one a few years ago. But I'm not as healthy as I use to be. Having open heart surgery has slowed me down some and my age at 70. Just need a little more comfort now and then. Old age is catching up.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryJW View Post
                I did not need one a few years ago. But I'm not as healthy as I use to be. Having open heart surgery has slowed me down some and my age at 70. Just need a little more comfort now and then. Old age is catching up.
                gets us all eventually.
                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
                  That's why you look like this...
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Free Cat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	71040

:tussor:
                  “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

You should see my OTHER avatar! The one where I absolutely require AC at all times. Send the kids to another room....
                    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Try you tube several videos of ways people have come up with to make it work

Comment

They have the 30 amp to 110 converters at WalMart near the automotive section with RV supplies.

Comment

Thank you for the information

Comment

Originally posted by TerryJW View Post
                            I have a truck with a cap on it that I camp in. Has anyone installed a small air conditioner in their truck with a cap on it. I have a little 5000btu AC I would like to install somehow. Also is there an adapter to use in the 30amp receptical at campgrounds to use to plug in the ac to the receptical. Any help appreciated.

I hope I posted in the correct forum.
                            First of all, you need to designate a list of equipment and accessories that are needed to install an air conditioner. This list includes a significant number of devices and materials that will help to carry out the installation:

Vacuum pump for removing water and air from a refrigeration circuit.
                            Gauge manifold with hoses for pressure control inside an air conditioner.
                            Leak detector.
                            Freon (refrigerant) for filling the air conditioner.
                            Pipe cutters for cutting copper and multilayer pipes of optimal length.
                            Rolling and scraping to eliminate unevenness and roughness of copper pipes.
                            Tube benders for shaping copper pipes.
                            Torch and solder for connecting copper pipes.

And also many other in-line tools such as a hammer, screwdriver, various wrenches, etc.

It is worth noting that all of the above equipment costs a lot of money, as a rule, people who themselves are engaged in the installation of such equipment have the experience and knowledge for such work. Each tool is necessary if the goal is to obtain high-quality results and correct operation of an air conditioner.

Here you will find more useful information:
                            https://www.thecurveahead.net/how-to...r-conditioner/
                            https://www.wikihow.com/Install-a-Sp...ir-Conditioner

Also, you may find interesting other methods of cooling for your truck or RV.
                            https://evapolar.com/blog/portable-ac-for-car-van-and-rv/

Comment

Working...
                            X