Marmot lost my tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marmot lost my tent

I’m glad to see I’m not the only person to prefer fold and roll. When I got the tent back from Marmot some of the screen was sticking out the bag. I was concerned that I would damage it taking it out of the bag. I also hate all the wrinkles. I hope they work out, I am very OCD and I think they will drive me crazy. Lol:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Denni2 View Post
      I also hate all the wrinkles. I hope they work out, I am very OCD and I think they will drive me crazy. Lol:lol:
      No worries there. The wrinkles should work out/smooth out by the time you finish a night or two. Your fly is polyester (if it was nylon, it stretches much more, esp when wet, so it would "smooth out" quicker.) On the flip side, a nylon fly sometimes will need mid-morning or mid-storm "re-tightening on the guy lines" to remove the slack from the stretching. Your polyester will stretch some (but not as much as nylon when wet)...thus it will take a bit longer to smooth out the wrinkles. But not much...you won't look like you're tent camping in wrinkled clothes.
      2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
      Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
      Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
      Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I really want to fold n roll. http://www.starling-travel.com/2012/...rom-irv-perch/
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Working...
        X