How to block people on CF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to block people on CF

You know you can block people on this forum? It's pretty easy. You click on the persons name. When the drop down menu appears, select "view profile". On the page that pops up, select "add to ignore list". And bam, you don't see anymore posts from the blocked person.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: How to block people on CF

Ah, but where's the fun in that? Much better just to bash them :-P
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Yes, I know I can block. But then I lose the continuity of a thread and things don't make sense. And no, I am not bashing TP - I am simply giving him what he gives to everyone. He has been insulting to anyone who disagrees with him since before I joined this forum. He chases away new posters with his attitude. Many posters have reported his behavior to JohnJohn, but JohnJohn does not seem to want to do anything about it. So, fine. When he insults people, when he goes off on his rants, when he acts like an idiot, I'm going to call him on it.
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

The politics of camping?

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
          Yes, I know I can block. But then I lose the continuity of a thread and things don't make sense. And no, I am not bashing TP - I am simply giving him what he gives to everyone. He has been insulting to anyone who disagrees with him since before I joined this forum. He chases away new posters with his attitude. Many posters have reported his behavior to JohnJohn, but JohnJohn does not seem to want to do anything about it. So, fine. When he insults people, when he goes off on his rants, when he acts like an idiot, I'm going to call him on it.
          I can relate - there is another (who shall remain nameless) forum member who insists that their way is the only way. Well, three, if you include me, but I'm mostly not a jerk about it. Mostly.
          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
            You know you can block people on this forum? It's pretty easy. You click on the persons name. When the drop down menu appears, select "view profile". On the page that pops up, select "add to ignore list". And bam, you don't see anymore posts from the blocked person.
            Yes and I've availed myself of the feature from time to time.
            Yet like toedtoes, I find it messes with the continuity soooo eventually I pull the plug and stare at the screen in wonder and amazement.

Signed,

Admiral Restraint
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              The politics of camping?
              It isn't the politics of camping - it's the politics of just about every online forum I've been on. There always seems to be at least one person who keeps things stirred up, either through their self-proclaimed authority or by trollish behavior. What we have here is a case of the former with a possible hint of the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                The politics of camping?
                Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                It isn't the politics of camping - it's the politics of just about every online forum I've been on. There always seems to be at least one person who keeps things stirred up, either through their self-proclaimed authority or by trollish behavior. What we have here is a case of the former with a possible hint of the latter.
                Or as said succinctly by the Captain with appropriate prop in hand:

https://youtu.be/V2f-MZ2HRHQ
                2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Eh...Let it roll right off. Imagine the poor suckers that have to camp with the haters. You show up ready for a great time and instead are lectured on why your cooler sucks or why you aren't using the correct rope. You'll also be warned that you will be WAY too hot or too cold overnight. And you shouldn't put your tent up too close to that tree.

Be happy that YOU aren't one of them!

Comment

When camping PITAs don't get asked/informed of the camping location a second time...

Especially on forums but also in real life, people have to have thick skins. Mostly what people post is their opinion and as such meaningless.
                    Responding to trollish behavior (even negatively) encourages it.
                    Let the noise roll off eventually the echoes will die away...

Enjoy!
                    Last edited by Happy Joe; 02-23-2016, 07:56 AM.
                    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Opinions are like a$$holes.... everyone's got one...

.... and some people ARE one....
                      Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Working...
                      X