the dash grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the dash grill

Hey out there in camping land, we just bought the Dash Portable Grill because it was the most convenient for us. Does anyone have it? But my question is is the flame supposed to be super low on this thing?

Re: the dash grill

Bumping for others to respond.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Seems to be a good looker and highly rated...
      If I were big on grilling it would be a good candidate.

Enjoy!
      2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
      For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
      Ground tents work best for me, so far.
      Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Looks like a nice grill.
        I bought a Coleman Fold N Go, primarily cuz of size but also cuz I like the case & the griddle accesories. I have a Small trailer that I pull w my Bike & space is at a premium. I also have a single burner gas back up & a black & decker dbl burner electric. I try to have options available.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningman View Post
          I have a Small trailer that I pull w my Bike & space is at a premium.
          I'm also planning to get a MC cargo trailer this spring and have the same gear packing constraint. I've got a small collection of liquid fuel single burner stoves, the current favorite being a Coleman 533. These stoves work fine for heating a pot or a pan but they don't really provide a solution for a grill. There is however a real-small-packing grill alternative in the form of a tiny folding backpacking wood burning stove with a grill accessory like this thing:

http://www.fireboxstove.com/camp-sto...olding-firebox

You do have to fiddle around to get a little fire going in it, but it looks pretty simple. I wonder how well they work.

Comment

Working...
          X