Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from James & Deb

Hi fellow campers;
    Deb and I currently live in Kentucky but as we speak, are making plans to start camping our way to Colorado. We have purchased our Kodiak tent and are trying to make good decisions on the other equipment. This forum is the best Camping forum I've found. Being in our 60's, we both still possess that inner drive for this adventure. We hope that you will assist us with any ideas that you have about our camping adventure.
    Hope to hear from everybody.

James & Deb

Re: Hi from James & Deb

Welcome! I have topped your other thread with your questions so others will see it. There's a bit of a blurp in the forum - when you're on the initial moderated posting, your threads don't show up in the "New Posts" listing so folks don't always see it. I believe the moderation ends at seven posts, so keep posting.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Colorado is filling up. Some estimates as much as 1,500 people a day moving into the state. It is the new California. Land and home prices have shot through the roof. Especially the front range part of the state.
      You chose a great tent for CO, now don't skimp on your pads and bags. You can't put a price on a good night's sleep. Let me know and I will help you find places to camp in CO.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

That's a lot of people. Thank goodness I don't use marijuana. I'm coming for the beautiful country.

Comment

Great to meet youse virtually!
          Sounds like you two have a great adventure planned so looking forward to you questions and insight.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

BTW, if you are on facebook, look up a page called Camping / Hiking / Backpacking - in Colorado It has a lot of useful camping spots and info on it.
            Nights camped in 2019: 24
            Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Thanks for the info.
              James

Comment

Thanks, I've joined the group and look forward to their content.

James

Comment

Working...
                X