Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Igniting flatulent?? Anybody else hear about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igniting flatulent?? Anybody else hear about this?

I have only recently been made aware of a camp activity in which people ignite their own flatulent or the flatulent of others. The reports are so astonishing that I wonder if it is some kind of urban myth.

Apparently, this activity has been spreading around Boy Scout camps and even some folks have been trying this at home.

It sounds terribly dangerous and some participants are reported to have suffered burns as a result.

From what I understand, it is popular to do this at night so that the flame from the burning gases are more visible. Astonishing!

Furthermore, I have heard that some people perform these flatulent ignitions INSIDE of tents. It sounds dangerous to a petrifying degree.

Has anybody else heard of this curious act of flatulent igniting? Is this some kind of urban myth?? If true, I am afraid that we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg with this reckless activity. Let us hope that it does not catch on as some kind of new fad that will injure today's naive and impressionable youth.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-05-2015, 08:12 AM.

Re: Igniting flatulent?? Anybody else hear about this?

Look it up on you tube. Methane is flammable.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
      Methane is flammable.
      Yes, that makes complete sense. My goodness!

Who in the world thought of this reckless pastime??
      Last edited by Mike; 08-05-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Oh how I wish evolution would kick in and do away with these idiots!
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

No never heard of it as a camping activity but I'm prolly hanging out with the wrong crowd.
          I do wish that they would continue since I like to "see" Darwinism in action..........
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

There is also a way of imbibing spirits, using an alternative orifice. And who was the first person to lick a frog, anyway?
            2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Mike your colorful language leads me to suspect that you are shocked, SHOCKED! to learn of such goings on :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
                There is also a way of imbibing spirits, using an alternative orifice. And who was the first person to lick a frog, anyway?
                On that note, who was the first person to look at a cow tit, and think, I have got to get me some of that.
                Nights camped in 2019: 24
                Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
                  On that note, who was the first person to look at a cow tit, and think, I have got to get me some of that.
                  LMAO, think it was the same person who imbibed those spirits! It should be noted that cows are famously flatulent...just one of those weird connections, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X