Passport America Campgrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport America Campgrounds

Can somebody post his/her experience with this program?

Passport America Discount Campgrounds:

http://www.passportamerica.com/campgrounds

Is it a good program? Does it make sense to join?

Re: Passport America Campgrounds

This appears to be an RV Park discount program. If you talk to RVers, a campground and an RV park are the same thing. If you talk to a camper, they are two completely separate beasts.

If you are looking to do traditional camping, then this program would be a waste of money. If you are looking for full-hookup sites in areas where you want to do sightseeing, then it might be worth the money. In that case, I would look at the parks listed for locations that interest you and compare them to non-participating parks - are they nicer than what you can find on your own; are the discounted prices worth the difference in quality; etc.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Rates look good
      But i would call individual campgrounds first and see if its valid
      1 i looked up near me listed is old name/ownership
      So that campground hasnt been updated in about 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
        Rates look good
        But i would call individual campgrounds first and see if its valid
        1 i looked up near me listed is old name/ownership
        So that campground hasnt been updated in about 5 years
        I see the issue that discount is active only within a certain period of time. For example, in Florida the discount does not apply for months of Dec- March, when they probably expect a lot of customers from the North.

Comment

Working...
        X