Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been so spoiled...

And I feel for the rest of you. :lol:

I had forgotten just how much work it is for you car/tent campers to prepare for a trip.

Have a camping trip coming up that is part work part play. Normally, I just throw the camera gear, critters, and perishables into the clipper and off I go. Unfortunately, the clipper is not able to attend this trip (he's awaiting a second opinion on open heart surgery vs. artificial heart). So, I have been spending all my time trying to identify all the items I must have for this trip (the rental doesn't come with any supplies). Whew!

I think I've got the major stuff identified. But the comfort items are still in limbo. Can't wait to get the clipper running again - This is a pain! No wonder I didn't go camping all those years...
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Re: I have been so spoiled...

Hehehehe..........part hate, part joy on this end.
    I did a lot of "removals" from my kitchen gear this year and even considered not taking my camp kitchen. Finally decided that the countertops and under pantry bags were needed to keep the place from looking a right mess.

Can't wait until I get my TT!
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

You'll be thinking like I am once you've had that TT for a couple trips. I find this process very awkward - and being the ANALyst I am, I can't just fly by the seat of my pants like some do.
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Just thought I'd update on this. I ended up having the work/play trip postponed due to heavy snow so I didn't have to actually pull out all the gear from my clipper, load it into the rental, and then pull it out again...

But, it means I haven't been camping since April. The clipper is almost finished with his open heart surgery (yep, it was required). As soon as he comes home, it's fill up the fresh water tank, load up the camera gear, critters, and perishables and off we go!

Comment

I don't really have to do any prep if I don't want to - I keep a pack in my truck for unexpected nights away from home. Kind of like a bug-out bag, but without all the surivalist stuff. There's another bag I throw in the back of the truck if I PLAN to stay out - it has some material comforts in it (e.g. Southern Comfort). A cooler (or not), and I'm done!
          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Hehehe. We car/tent camp with 5 kids so planning is a must. We always forget SOMEthing. But we do have one area in the garage where 90% of the gear is stashed, ready to be loaded into the truck.
            Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
            Nights under the stars:
            2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
            2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

My clipper IS my bug-out bag.

Comment

Great bug out bag.

I wish I had a comfortable bug out bag to drive soemwhere nice. With my back trashed, there isnt any way I'm camping on the ground, I can barely sleep in a real bed.

Comment

Ouch! That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
                    Ouch! That sucks.
                    Profoundly.

Comment

Working...
                    X