seat cushions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat cushions?

im getting ready to start a tiny camper build and would like to know where to order cushions for a sofa bed. the cushion size may determine the width of the camper. I will post the build with pictures and would like to know the proper place to post the build. btw hello from Pensacola florida.

Re: seat cushions?

It could get a little bit pricey if you can't cover them yourself, but I would go with custom cut foam. That way the camper wouldn't have to be built around the size of the cushions AND you'd have infinitely more options for the fabric.
    Last edited by MacGyver; 05-01-2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

The big upholstery providers (around here it's Upholstery Fabric Outlet) will custom match the density of the foam depending on your needs and application, type of fabric from sheer to SunBrella-types, and give you an estimate you can use to shop around for a good rate.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

If there are no upholstery shops near you hit the internet. Tell them how you want to use the foam and a reputable seller will steer you in the right direction as to density and type of foam. Many sellers' websites have an information or FAQs page that will tell ya of common applications. Oh and I'm guessing when you say:"the cushion size may determine the width of the camper" you are speaking of the width of the foam not the depth.

Where to post a custom build? General Camping or within the Trailer section seems sensible.

Good luck with your project and looking forward to seeing it come to fruition!
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by snapper388 View Post
          im getting ready to start a tiny camper build and would like to know where to order cushions for a sofa bed. the cushion size may determine the width of the camper. I will post the build with pictures and would like to know the proper place to post the build. btw hello from Pensacola florida.
          Welcome. What type of camper are you building? Does the dinette drop down to make the bed, and these are the cushions you need? There are some foam companies that will sell you foam cut to size. Places like Ikea and Walmart sell some foam mattresses that can be easily cut with an electric knife. But you would still need someone to sew the cushion covers. I have built 3 teardrop trailers. All my mattresses have been made to size at one of those local bedding stores like Lebeda. There are several different companies that build mattresses. Seeing as it's a bed you want a firm enough mattress that it's comfortable. So if you can get into a local mattress store and try out the different densities you will for sure find something that will work.

Comment

thanks for the replies ! i will check the local upholstery shops and internet. the camper will be on the design of a tiny toad ,the box will be ten foot long and approx. seven foot wide it will have a sofa across the rear that lets down into a bed, a small removable table in the front with two chairs and a roof mount a/c. it will be built on the frame of my pop up camper that was submerged for over thirty hours in the flood a year ago.

Comment

Working...
            X