WooHoo.....Made It Out !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WooHoo.....Made It Out !!

Been busy or I would have posted sooner. First trip out in 2015 with the 5th-Wheel was 3/26 thru 3/29. Three nights of pure enjoyment in the Big Hole River Valley !! The earliest we had ever had a trailer out here in Montana was the last weekend of April in I believe 2012, so we set a new record by one month. Seeing that the weekend was going to be fairly nice outside, we scouted out the area on the 23rd & were quite surprised to find that the snow was gone. After deciding the plans were a go, the 24th & 25th were crunch time. Getting the trailer out of storage, de-winterizing, grocery shopping, packing the essentials, filling propane tanks, & so on. With me working night shifts it was utter chaos trying to get ready in those two days, but the outcome was well worth the effort. The 26th was 61 degrees, 27th was just beautiful at 70 degrees, & 28th was sun/rain/hail/snow/high winds. Headed home the morning of the 29th. All the mornings were brisk at 18 - 20 degrees. All in all a great weekend. Sure was nice being out camping after a 6 month winter hiatus. Since that trip the weather has been nothing but rain & snow. Go figure.....Montana for ya !! Here's a couple not so good cell phone pics I took of a lone Trumpeter Swan we caught hanging out with some Canadian Geese. Enjoy & take care everyone !!

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Re: WooHoo.....Made It Out !!

Getting out camping after a winter hiatus is always a good feeling. Glad the Montana weather cooperated and you could seize the moment.
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Good for you! Especially being so far north, mother nature helped out. Good weather always helps. My first trip with the teardrop is in 2 weeks and I can't wait.

Comment

Swans and geese.......how Hans Christian Andersen-esque:D.
        Beautiful scenery that you would prolly have missed by going later in the season.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by bluestar99 View Post
          Good for you! Especially being so far north, mother nature helped out. Good weather always helps. My first trip with the teardrop is in 2 weeks and I can't wait.

Yes.....mother nature definitely cooperated that weekend. Good luck & have fun on your upcoming first trip of the season !!

NIGHTS CAMPED:

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
            Swans and geese.......how Hans Christian Andersen-esque:D.
            Beautiful scenery that you would prolly have missed by going later in the season.

The Big Hole River area has an abundance of wildlife yearlong & boasts numerous campgrounds along with many dispersed camping sites. Recreationists paradise. Thanks for the reply & take care !!

NIGHTS CAMPED:

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
              Getting out camping after a winter hiatus is always a good feeling. Glad the Montana weather cooperated and you could seize the moment.

Every once in awhile the Montana weather does cooperate - LOL.

NIGHTS CAMPED:

Comment

Very nice, hoping to get out for our second trip this weekend! No fifth wheel but I do have the Tipi setup with a few extras

Comment

Hoping to get out this weekend as well! Camping for the first time since I was 15

Comment

Working...
                  X