Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping Stove Stabilizer Project

Hey everyone,

We are a group of engineering students at the tech center in Carroll county Maryland. We are working on our final senior project and our project is to design a device that can sufficiently and dependably stabilize a canister stove. We have created a survey to justify this problem and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could take this quick 8 question survey and give us some feedback. Any additional feedback directly would also help us is refining our designs and creating the best device we can. We have attached the website URL below. Thank you to anyone that takes our survey, it is a tremendous help.

Camping Stove Stabilization Team

Survey URL: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9Z93TMP

Re: Camping Stove Stabilizer Project

To be honest, I only took your survey because you're local to me. (Baltimore County here) Why that made a difference... I dunno... LOL
    I find things like stove stabilizers too "gadgety" and unnecessary weight in a pack. To me, if you're having trouble finding a solid place to put your stove, you're either not very adaptable or you have the wrong stove for your type of camping.

Comment

Re: Camping Stove Stabilizer Project

I pack and sometimes use one of those 3 legged stands that folds up fairly small. I store it in my cookset, but really only need it when I am using a small 100g canister as it helps stabilize my cookset as it can become top heavy. It cost me less than 8 dollars and is made of plastic (weighs next to nothing). But when using a larger canister, I can usually find a level enough spot and the larger canister is sufficient to provide a stable base. Not sure what you have in mind, but the current stands for sale on the market seem to address any need...but maybe you've got a better mousetrap. Good luck!!!
      2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
      Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
      Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
      Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X