Camping Chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping Chairs

The wife ordered a few of the zero-gravity camping chairs. Having not had any serious butt time in one yet, my first impression is that they're well built, sturdy, & quite comfortable. Anyone have a hands on review for them ?? Thank you & take care !!
    2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Re: Camping Chairs

When I go to buy something new, I hit the Amazon reviews to see what people are saying. I'll usually skip the 5 star reviews and go right to the 1 stars to see if there are any consistent issues that will make me think twice about buying. Well... being the comfort driven camper I am, I looked at the zero gravity chairs and didn't like what I saw. I always take reviews with a grain of salt because I know there are people who just don't know how to take care of anything, but ripping grommets, bad locking mechanisms and people falling down were enough to make me look elsewhere. I know you probably don't like seeing this considering you've got some on the way, so my advice would be to check 'em out thoroughly before deciding to keep them.

Comment

I have a Cabelas model. I take it every time I camp. You will to. After a long day a favorite beverage and my chair make for a great night by the fire.

Comment

I bought a couple from Dicks Sporting Goods. They are really nice, and I like them a lot. Course, someone else likes them to, cause they stole one from me while I was sleeping. First and only time anyone has ever stolen something from me while camping.
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I have one and I like it. The locking mechanism is a pain - it's hard to lock and unlock when I am in the reclined position (which is when you want to lock it). I have had no problems with grommets or falling out of it (perhaps that has more to do with the liquid refreshments while reclining ). I do find it much more comfortable than my other camp chairs, but it also takes a lot more room in the clipper.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

We needed some that could support over 300lbs. Kotulas was one of the few that had zero gravity chairs that went that high on weight. I really like that they have a zero gravity love seat too that can support 600lbs

Click image for larger version

Name:	827871_3_400x400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	69992
            http://www.kotulas.com/deals/zero-gr...ts-not-to-love
            - Laura
            Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

This weeks Gander Mountain Ad has a good Zero Gravity chair on sale for 70 bucks. Holds up to 350lbs.

http://gandermountain.shoplocal.com/...tionViewMode=1

Comment

Originally posted by bluestar99 View Post
                This weeks Gander Mountain Ad has a good Zero Gravity chair on sale for 70 bucks. Holds up to 350lbs.

http://gandermountain.shoplocal.com/...tionViewMode=1
                Nearly got those! They happened to be sold out when I was buying. The Kotula zero gravity is 330 lbs and is 50 bucks. I liked it so much I ordered the love seat, too. Mine are dark brown btw. As toedtoes said, they take up a bit of room inside the travel trailer, but I can leave them outside when camping as they are a web material, not the canvas type. They just need wiped down if rain or dew. These are great for a nice big nap. I have the Coleman chairs which I use when I solo tent camp, but my husband has difficulty getting out of them. He can use the sturdier armrests on the zero gravity chairs to lever himself out of the chair.

Love your avatar bluestar99
                Last edited by actad; 02-19-2015, 07:22 AM.
                - Laura
                Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

The zero gravity chairs are comfortable as all get out but they weigh a lot. I recently purchased a picnic time sports chair with a side table. The chair seems sturdy but tends to prop you in an upright position. I read good reviews prior to buying it. Some extended sitting time will be the real litmus test however.

Comment

http://slinglight.com/sl/
                    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone !! We received the chairs & all I can say is.....WOW !! These things are above & beyond the chairs we've had for years. I set it up in the house in front of the big screen & sat in it on/off throughout the day. Very comfortable & easy to get up out of. Didn't have that my butt's almost on the ground & my knee's are at my chest feeling. Looking forward to some butt time in it next to a nice cozy campfire. Hopefully soon..........
                      2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
                        Damn. Went to take a look at 'em, instantly thought they'd be something nice to have when I read this:

"AS OF 6-11-2014, SLING-LIGHT© Chairs are no longer available.
                        We will not be taking any more orders for Chairs."

Considering they'd been manufactured since 1977, I'm curious what happened on their end to discontinue them.

Comment

Oh, that's a shame.
                          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

We won four of these in a photo contest hosted by Eureka!

I wouldn't pay that much otherwise, but they're awesome chairs.
                            http://store.eurekatent.com/Curvy-High-Back-Chair
                            Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
                            Nights under the stars:
                            2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
                            2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Working...
                            X