Camping advice in US for foreigner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping advice in US for foreigner

Hi guys! Hope you're all having a nice Sunday!

Backstory first:
    I'm in the US for three months til the end of March. After that someone very dear to me is coming to visit me and "travel" a little. I say "travel" because it's only two weeks. After discussing several options we decided to meet in DC, stay there a little, then Baltimore and Phily. Then we'll fly back home from there.
    We had the idea to maybe do a little hiking and camping as well. We dismissed it because we didn't want the hassle of lugging our equipment across the atlantic and the TSA. Then I found this site that rents camping equipment all over the US and the idea came up again.

So I'm wondering are there any routes you could suggest between Washington and Baltimore or Baltimore and Phily? We've been thinking about maybe going for a hike in the morning out of, let's say, Baltimore, camp somewhere, hike some more the next day, camp again and then take a bus or rent a car from somewhere to get to Phily. Like I said, suggestions for the same but from DC to Baltimore are welcome as well.
Working...
X