Higher costs to get in to National Parks Looms in the Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Higher costs to get in to National Parks Looms in the Future

Thank You .. the info concerning the Dog Rules in State Parks is very helpful .

Comment

It seems to cost more for Texas State Parks:

Daily Fee: $3 - $7 per person over 12
      Campsites with Water: $14 - $22 per night
      Annual Pass: $70 (waives daily fee/10% off in parks stores/2 free nights per year)

I honestly have no problem paying those kinds of rates knowing I would pay far more for hotel room(s) for 5 to 6 people.

Comment

Indiana's State Parks have also increased fees as recently as this past May. Entrance fees to the park run from $7 a vehicle (in state lic plates) to $9 (out of state plates). Some select parks charge a few dollars more. I usually buy a yearly pass for $50 since it ultimately saves me money as we visit the parks throughout the year. Campers without an annual pass need only to pay the gate admission once for the duration of their stay.

Camping fees vary depending on the type of campsite, however, since I tent camp and generally go non-electric, I find them still a good value esp compared to a nightly hotel rate:

Standard Rates
        Full Hookup: $30 (Sun-Wed) $40 (Thurs-Sat) $44 (Holiday Weekends)
        Electric: $23 (Sun-Wed) $30 (Thurs-Sat) $33 (Holiday Weekends)
        Non-Electric: $16 (Sun-Wed) $19 (Thurs-Sat) $22 (Holiday Weekends)
        Primitive: $12 (Sun-Wed) $12 (Thurs-Sat) $12 (Holiday Weekends)
        2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X