Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campin' Report: Weather here Warm(4-21-09)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campin' Report: Weather here Warm(4-21-09)

Howdy,
    Yesterday was first day it reached 95 degrees since Oct 17, 2008. Sizzlin' summer is upon us all soon. Today's temp here is 98 degrees. Bride & I are planning another camp very soon, city life here is too crowded any more, but we favor the "strip" for the best food in town with the best amenities! What's the temp like where you're from pardners? Or let's talk :cool:, rv, 5th wheel, pop-up, or my favorite jeep campin'?:eek:
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Florida has dried out some, though lakes and rivers are still up. We have FINALLY gotten our water table on the plus side since the droughts of some eight or ten years ago! Temps are in the low 80's now, still high 50's in the morning though warming.
    Next weekend will be Dark Moon, and I prefer a nice full moon - must be the wolf in me.....
    A buddy and I will be going on a road trip to Tennessee middle of May, trailering our bikes up to Tellico Plains. We expect to have a hundred or more Dual Sport bikes there for a long weekend of ridin' and campin'!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Howdy BD,
      You know I was in Tellico Plains the Christmas of 2007 to visit my in-laws. Beautiful country. Sounds like a great time! Happy to hear things be good to you, wolfman! And you will be camping again!

Comment

We've finally hit a dry stretch. High's this week have been in the hi 70's - low 80's. Lows in the 50's. Low humidity too, which for Kansas in the spring is very rare. Wind seems staying down too. That won't last long, after all Kansas is Kaw Indian for "People of the South Wind"

Kids and I went to a nearby lake this evening for some fishing and goofing around. It was closer to that cartoon Camp Candy with John Candy. My daughter stirred up a bunch of misquitos, my son fell in the lake, and I lost two of the more expensive lures in my tackle box, plus had to get my line out of a tree...Oh well I'll have a better story at work tomorrow. I'll have to walk around Dick Sporting Goods tomorrow at lunch to look for more tackle.

Next camping trip isn't until Mid-May. But we live in the country. I can here the bull frogs as I type this.

Comment

We, like bigdog57, are out of the drought conditions and are drying out. I think this is the coolest April we have had in many years. This weekend the temp is supposed to reach 80 for the first time this year. Like you say summer is approaching so enjoy spring while you can.
          A friend is riding his bicycle from Costa Mesa across country and the second day ,Palm spring area, they had temps pushing 100 degrees.
          2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
          2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
          I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Howdy JP,
            I'm pleased as punch that you know how to swim! Stay afoat my firend and go campin'!

Comment

Working...
            X