Camping...Can't wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping...Can't wait

Getting ready for a camping trip for the 4th of July. Me and my dog (Cork) and my old Bronco (73) will be heading out for 3 nights. Can't wait. It has been to long. Just had to tell someone.....LOL
    Jack
    Thrift store tent
    Marmot Tungsten 4p

Re: Camping...Can't wait

Not a problem!
    I'm trying to rally the troops for a 16 day trip that starts July 1st.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by action View Post
      Getting ready for a camping trip for the 4th of July. Me and my dog (Cork) and my old Bronco (73) will be heading out for 3 nights. Can't wait. It has been to long. Just had to tell someone.....LOL
      Jack
      I know how you feel and I am jealous but I have decided that I will not go camping until I get done working on my truck....which sucks because I am having trouble finding the part I need.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Just came off camping, and can't wait to get back. I miss the river...

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
          I know how you feel and I am jealous but I have decided that I will not go camping until I get done working on my truck....which sucks because I am having trouble finding the part I need.
          F... this. I can't take it any more. I am starting to plan my next trip. 3 weeks and I am out of here. I would do it sooner but the wife needs to schedule time off work.

Stupid truck.
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

I'm trying as hard as I can to figure out where to sneak in another trip, but we are so dang busy this summer! I've still been shopping the camping spots though, just in case... LOL!
            Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

I didn't plan any camping trips for this summer... Decided to wait until the off season. So, I'm suffering until September. But once I get to September, I've got a bunch of long weekends planned.
              “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

New to the forum!! Really jealous of the reports!! I just turned 62 and the wife and I have been wanting to get back into camping for a long time; used to camp/backpack every single summer, but work, life got in the way, and haven't been camping in 10 years :( Just got the BUG- bad, and went out and bought a new Sportz truck-bed tent to go along with a backpack tent that we already have. About ready to take a 5 day trip to the Northern UP here in Michigan, will probably be moving sites every day, so the truck tent made sense. If we stay put at a site for a couple of days, it will be the ground-based backpacker tent, so we can drive around in the day. This is a wind-up to a lot more trips this year if it works out. Found out about 'dispersive' camping recently; really sounds like the way to go, especially with the 'leave-no-trace' mentality.
                Happy camping!

Comment

That is awesome! I always love campings especially with my <a href="http://www.australianmanufacturedcampertrailers.org.au/">camper trailer</a>. It gives me ease and more fun in camps.

Comment

You guys are killin' me! I don't get to go until the last week of September through the first week of October. I'm already making a packing list. :he:

Comment

I'm going again in a couple of weeks. So far this year, spent 14 nights camping. I go camping in conjunction with fishing, and most of the lake parks I go to close in early September. That is terrible, I really love to camp/fish in the fall. Gotta find somewhere else to go.

Comment

There are a dozen campgrounds around/near Lake Lanier. I didn't find any seasonal information on them, but I would think at least one or two would be open later in the year. I have an aunt in Gainesville who lives less than a half mile from a boat ramp to that lake. Great fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by MichRocks View Post
                          New to the forum!! Really jealous of the reports!! I just turned 62 and the wife and I have been wanting to get back into camping for a long time; used to camp/backpack every single summer, but work, life got in the way, and haven't been camping in 10 years :( Just got the BUG- bad, and went out and bought a new Sportz truck-bed tent to go along with a backpack tent that we already have. About ready to take a 5 day trip to the Northern UP here in Michigan, will probably be moving sites every day, so the truck tent made sense. If we stay put at a site for a couple of days, it will be the ground-based backpacker tent, so we can drive around in the day. This is a wind-up to a lot more trips this year if it works out. Found out about 'dispersive' camping recently; really sounds like the way to go, especially with the 'leave-no-trace' mentality.
                          Happy camping!
                          Same thing happened to me. Hadn't been camping since I was a kid and then all of a sudden I had a need to go. Not a desire, a NEED. I also decided that dispersed camping was the way to go. I never really liked campgrounds, even as a kid. I wanted to be away from everything and everyone. Dispersed camping helps with that.

Welcome to the forum.
                          – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
                            I didn't plan any camping trips for this summer... Decided to wait until the off season. So, I'm suffering until September. But once I get to September, I've got a bunch of long weekends planned.
                            It is harder for me to go late in the year. I have season tickets to my beloved Arizona Cardinals....still, I am sure I will sneak in a weekend or two.

It also helps me that I tailgate which is kind of like camping except that we aren't in the forest, you don't stay overnight and there are a few thousand people right there with you.
                            – E. B. White

Comment

We are taking our first trip this next weekend. I usually go out for 4-6 weeks in late May or Early June, but this year a lot of personal stuff eliminated that schedule. This is the first weekend I have been able to squeeze one in.

I usually camp alone - went out on a motorcycle until three years ago, then got a Jeep - allowed me to take my dog with me. This will be the first trip with the wife in several decades - so I went out and bought a pop-up camper to pull behind the Jeep. This trip is a warmup for a longer trip in late September/early October.

Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X