Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first thing you do?

Howdy,
    Okay, after planning and getting there what is the first thing you do to set up camp? Here's what we do: We take out our camp chairs and we open a bottle of wine and have one glass a piece to celebrate getting back to the sticks! :DWhat do you do?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

my favorite cartoon is a ziggy where he is out in nature and he shouts "hey mom i'm home!!!! " that is the way I feel when I get to the sticks.
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

I look over the site for the best place for my camp - placement close to water but off the game trail, morning sun direction so it shines into the tent to wake me (though I'm normally awake before dawn), slope of the ground so I don't get flooded if it rains. And then I listen a bit to nature.

Our forests are still very wet - they are calling this a "500 year flood"! So placement becomes critical!
      Last edited by Bigdog57; 04-10-2009, 04:10 AM.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I take in the surroundings and try and locate the best place for camp. Tent location etc. I live in the sticks so usually it's just a different kind of sticks when I go camping.

Comment

Working...
        X