hauling the camper or driving car and stay in hotel for Disney vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hauling the camper or driving car and stay in hotel for Disney vacation

My husband and I are having the debate.... we are planning a trip to Disney the end of July. Our son is playing in a world series at the DIsney complex. I think we should drive and haul our camper, but my husband things we should just drive our minivan and stay in a hotel. We have a 27 foot travel trailer and will be there for 10 days. Any opinions on this matter?

Thanks!
    Tricia

Re: hauling the camper or driving car and stay in hotel for Disney vacation

I am newer to this site than you are but I guess I will jump in with a post. I see a lot of factors to consider. I believe that they have a campground area at Disney. Not certain. Camping 10 nights that will include from Mich at least one night each way unless you plan a truck stop or walmart boondock sleep over. Fuel cost will double camping vs. Hotels based on 10mpg vs. 20 plus mph for a mini van. Cost of eating out will be greatly reduced by camping. Camping at Disney will be costly compared to other places, but I suspect hotels in Orlando are not cheap either. When we went a couple years ago we flew and stayed with wife's family and rented a car. If your camper and tow vehicle are road ready I would camp, but if you do not have air in the camper that would be a deal breaker for me since it will be HOT in Orlando that time of year. Guess it depends on the numbers after doing some checking and the experience that you want to have on the trip. I like camping because you always know where your bed has been and hopefully who was in it last. NOT the case in hotel rooms. What ever conclusion you come to, enjoy your trip. Bill the Newbie.

Comment

Agree with what Billp said ! Aircon is your best friend.

Comment

My questions would be:

Will your son want to spend time outside of the competition with his teammates, etc.?

If you are the only ones with an RV, your son will be separated from the other team members outside of the competition. It might be more fun for him to be at the same hotel, with the hotel pool, etc. with the other kids, then to be off in another location with his family.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

If you are considering using the camper to save money, forget it. Go to a hotel. Like ToedToes said, stay where his friends will be.

Comment

Working...
          X