Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

Well taking an extended camping trip this weekend. I am taking Friday off. Thinking about heading up Thursday night and returning mon. I went out and bought a backyard zip line kit. I disperse camp, so I am going to find a place to set it up. Picked it up at REI. Should be a good time.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: Memorial Day

Is it OK if I hate you much?

Closing down my business is taking more time than I thought it would; one of my accounts still remains and doesn't seem like they wanna leave. Yea I still get paid but get the headaches too.

Guess I'll pull out my portable grill, cook in the park for the weekend and wish I had a zip line of my own:cool:.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I might have to forgo the camping trip this weekend, but I'm hoping my friend will invite me to go watch the air show at Jones beach from his boat one of the days. I tactfully try to coax him tonight by inviting him to a BBQ at my home beforehand.

Comment

Enjoy your weekend! We are going NEXT weekend to hopefully avoid the crowds. This weekend I'll be writing a hundred speeding tickets and DUIs (at least, that's my goal!) :p
        Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
        Nights under the stars:
        2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
        2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Headed out as soon as I can get away from work. 2 grandsons and I till Monday. First time since spring break in March we have had a chance so I'll have to put up with crowds but at least there will be other kids to entertain youngsters...
          Enjoy the zip line,my 9 yo granson would love that.

Comment

Ended up getting sent home from work Saturday with a severe migraine that left me unable to function at capacity, and woke up beyond exhausted today but thankfully finally no pain.

Still pales in comparison to the sacrifices made for this holiday to exist.
            Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
            Nights under the stars:
            2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
            2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymw View Post
              Ended up getting sent home from work Saturday with a severe migraine that left me unable to function at capacity, and woke up beyond exhausted today but thankfully finally no pain.

Still pales in comparison to the sacrifices made for this holiday to exist.
              Here's hoping the migraine is good and gone for next weekends outing!
              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Just got back from a vacation in San Diego. Some friends got married. What a blast and a lot of good stories. I was trying to think of something that didn't turn out right and couldn't think of anything that didn't have an upside to it.
                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                X