REI Sale Doing Well by Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REI Sale Doing Well by Me

I bought 2 Dahon folding bikes a little while back but wasn't happy w/ the weight or construction. So I returned em. With the Spring here still bike-less and beginning to worry.
    Thank goodness for pre summer sales and doing better research this time!
    Just scored a Tern Link D8 and a Novora FlyBy folding bike including free shipping; needed tent stakes, Sawyer's bug spray (the yellow bottle), andddddd something else that seemed weally important at the time but I'll have to wait until I get my email confirmation to recall....
    :p
    You've until May 26th to take advantage of the sale and don't forget to use up those dividend points!
    Last edited by NYCgrrl; 05-17-2014, 12:59 PM.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Re: REI Sale Doing Well by Me

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
    I bought 2 Dahon folding bikes a little while back but wasn't happy w/ the weight or construction. So I returned em. With the Spring here still bike-less and beginning to worry.
    Thank goodness for pre summer sales and doing better research this time!
    Just scored a Tern Link D8 and a Novora FlyBy folding bike including free shipping; needed tent stakes, Sawyer's bug spray (the yellow bottle), andddddd something else that seemed weally important at the time but I'll have to wait until I get my email confirmation to recall....
    :p
    You've until May 26th to take advantage of the sale and don't forget to use up those dividend points!
    :heymodswouldntthisbeagreatplaceforabiglaughsmiley :

That is funny.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
      :heymodswouldntthisbeagreatplaceforabiglaughsmiley :

That is funny.
      Brain fart over!
      It wuz matches cuz I'm bored of getting thumb calluses from them demned child and adult proof butane igniters.
      Last edited by NYCgrrl; 05-18-2014, 09:27 AM.
      2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I use these.

And keep some matches as backup.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

I think NYS has laws mandating childproof locks on butane lighters. Which explains my need for an in depth end of season manicure...
          2017:

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
            I think NYS has laws mandating childproof locks on butane lighters. Which explains my need for an in depth end of season manicure...
            Yeah, most of the ones around here have that too. I specifically look for the ones that don't. It is hard enough to get them to light without it.
            – E. B. White

Comment

From returned bicycles to butane lighters. This thread made a right turn really quickly. Anyone care to discuss bumper hitches. At least it's in the "B" category.

Hey, if NYCgrrl likes to write like Elmer Fudd it's perfectly OK. It's the Brooklyn roots.

elliot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-fFjJEI5bs
              Last edited by michelliot; 05-22-2014, 07:07 AM.

Comment

– E. B. White

Comment

Nice Bikes NYCgrrl, I especially like the magnet idea to keep the folded Novora together. I guess folding bicycles make sense in the city.

At some point this weekend, it was suggested that we take our bikes into the city and start cruising along the bike path along the West side and see how far we can go south around Battery Park and back. I guess we'd have to go super early before getting swamped with pedestrians and tourist this holiday weekend. I'll wave if we pass you.

Enjoy,
                  Elliot

Comment

Yer all cwazzy..err crazy:cool:

Honestly, I've the space to store the bikes in my apartment but have a longterm plan(it's getting longer by the minute...sigh) to buy an RV and use the bikes on the road as well.
                    Oh and for the record I'm from "da Bronx"; it's my kiddos that labour under the burden of spending much of their growing years in Brooklyn; I pray for their souls nightly....

Right now NY1 is forecasting nice cycling weather thru Monday so you are in luck. More fortune would be if a lot of NYCers leave today and don't return until Monday evening.
                    Please yes wave at me as I collapse under a pile of paperwork this weekend.
                    2017:

Comment

I figured it was one of the "B" boroughs.

I know, I once owned an art gallery and closing down a business does take a lot out of you. Emotionally as well as physically. I feel your anxiety.

Hope it goes smoothly
                      Last edited by michelliot; 05-22-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X