Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi everyone,

I live in the in a beach town in the North East. I have three kids ranging in age from 21 to 10. My oldest is in his 3rd year in college and still joins us camping. My other two children also are excited to camp. My favorite place to camp to date is in the White Mountains, but that is limited to my geographic and economic constraints...

I'm a tent camper and that is part of what I love about camping the most. I find it liberating when I'm so relaxed and happy when all the distractions and burdens of modern life are left behind.

My camping motto is minimalist is best. Its easy to get caught up in the consumerism ideals and before you know it you need to buy something bigger to carry the junk that you don't need. and not only that you have to pay to store it pay taxes and maintain it.

Re: Hello

Hello gr8brewer and welcome.
    Not exactly a minimalist currently but but I'm working on it...sorta kinda..depends on the moon's position:p.
    Great that the family is still camping altogether; sounds like the "inoculation'' took.
    Enjoy your stay and chime in whenever ya want.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by gr8brewer View Post
      Hi everyone,

I live in the in a beach town in the North East. I have three kids ranging in age from 21 to 10. My oldest is in his 3rd year in college and still joins us camping. My other two children also are excited to camp. My favorite place to camp to date is in the White Mountains, but that is limited to my geographic and economic constraints...

I'm a tent camper and that is part of what I love about camping the most. I find it liberating when I'm so relaxed and happy when all the distractions and burdens of modern life are left behind.

My camping motto is minimalist is best. Its easy to get caught up in the consumerism ideals and before you know it you need to buy something bigger to carry the junk that you don't need. and not only that you have to pay to store it pay taxes and maintain it.
      Amen to that. Welcome to the forum.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Hi everyone,

Too true! We all sometimes forget the joy of simple camping. Thanks for the reminder!
          Nights camping in 2014: 18
          Nights camping in 2015: 24
          Nights camping in 2016: 20

North Face Tadpole 23 - Mountain Hardwear Casa 6 - Guide Gear 18x18 Teepee

Comment

Welcome ! I found out a person or family doesn't need all that much stuff, but plenty of food ! And kids will sleep soundly anywhere justabout.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I find it liberating when I'm so relaxed and happy when all the distractions and burdens of modern life are left behind.
              Isn't it ironic that you work and pay for those "distractions and burdens of modern life". Each item only costs a little slice of your soul.

Comment

Working...
              X