Coyote Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyote Country

Sorry, if something is growling and showing it's fangs, then the last thing I am going to is reach down and pick it up
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

:D
      Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
      Sorry, if something is growling and showing it's fangs, then the last thing I am going to is reach down and pick it up
      ...sooooooo that means yer not in a committed relationship .....

oops:D
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Lol. My X would like to have me commited
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Possums are very docile. We used to keep them as pets.

They are one of the few wild animals that you can pick up in the forest and not get bitten. They can be made into pets even if taken from the wild as adults. It is not unusual for my dog to find oppossum and corner them around my house. Even though they make a terrible frightening and threatening face, if you touch them around the neck, you can pick them straight up and carry them around and per them
          Wow! You are very bold. I thought possums have a high chance of being rabid....but perhaps that was just one of those folklore stories my dad liked to tell me to keep me from disturbing animals in the wild while we were camping.
          Nights camping in 2014: 18
          Nights camping in 2015: 24
          Nights camping in 2016: 20

North Face Tadpole 23 - Mountain Hardwear Casa 6 - Guide Gear 18x18 Teepee

Comment

Fortunately around here, although we have a very healthy (large) population of coyotes - they tend to be well fed and healthy. Though they are definitely scavengers...from my experience coyotes keep their distance from humans. Of course, they are hunted here - and develop that fear of humans. I would imagine in a urban or suburban environment - they may not have that same fear, but on the flip side....an urban/suburban coyote likely is well fed and as long as they aren't rabid....will likely keep their distance.
            Nights camping in 2014: 18
            Nights camping in 2015: 24
            Nights camping in 2016: 20

North Face Tadpole 23 - Mountain Hardwear Casa 6 - Guide Gear 18x18 Teepee

Comment

Working...
            X