Water Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Shoes

A few years ago I went to Florida Sea Base (Out Island Adv.). I had a great time accept my feet were severely blistered. I blame my shoes which were some sort of Docker sandals. This year I'm headed to Summit but I need a good pair of water sandals since we are kayaking and whitewater-rafting. Have any suggestions?

Re: Water Shoes

If you want more of a shoe style the vibrams and merrells are good.

For sandals there's teva and ahnu also.
    Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
    Nights under the stars:
    2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
    2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

how were they blistered from walking? or sun burned ?
      if sun burned always use lotion, all other, toes to.
      if from walking use better shoes
      for kayaking i prefer sandles, and yes i use lotion,
      i dont know what brand i have, but most good sandles with heel and toe straps work fine,
      skip the flip flop type sandles
      short shoe type water shoes water and muck gets in and never gets out, squishy the whole time
      if booty type scuba shoes they should be a tight fit so much doesnt get in

Comment

I buy "World Wide Sportsman" water shoes when they go on sale at Bass Pro Shops, I typically wear these if I'm taking a short walk through the woods to a fishing spot or going canoeing. I want something that protects my toes and does not fall off easily. World Wide Sportsman is the Bass Pro house brand I believe, they are fairly inexpensive and have several models. They rinse off fairly well, they are good for walking to the beach then taking them off, I hate any footwear on the beach.

I have a pair of standard CROCs that I wear around camp or when I'm driving to a water destination, day on a boat, day at the beach or poolside, they protect my toes and slide on and off really easy. I've worn pairs of these out of the years, they look ridiculous but get the job done. :cool:
        sigpic

Comment

does anyone tried superhydrophobic stuff applied on your shoes? a friend of mine told me that it's good on waterproofing shoes. I want to try it as well and I dropped by here to know some insights on this product?

Comment

Aquasox work for us, they go tubing, rafting, and for hitting the annual Caribbean beaches before we don the 'fins!
            “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
              Aquasox work for us, they go tubing, rafting, and for hitting the annual Caribbean beaches before we don the 'fins!
              http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t403

I thought they just played baseball.
              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
              – E. B. White

Comment

KEEN makes some pretty awesome shoes, I have my eye on one of two designs of wet shoes in their lineup. My preference - at this point - is the McKenzie it's actually a shoe (full coverage mesh) I like it because it would keep sand and pebbles out and still give you the sole and traction of a shoe. Seem highly rated on Amazon and the like. Then there's the more traditional sandal style water shoe they offer, the Newport H2. I really like both, they both have high ratings and great reviews. What's killing me is I tried on a pair of the H2's at REI and loved them - killer fit and very comfy - no one local has the McKenzie and I hate buying shoes online cause of potential fit issues. I have yet to pull the trigger on either.

Comment

Is there some advantage that 'water shoes' have over an old pair of sneakers?
                  “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                  – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                    Is there some advantage that 'water shoes' have over an old pair of sneakers?
                    Well actually a few. Generally speaking the 2 most important features of a true "water shoe" is 1. They drain much more effectively and 2. They don't hold water i.e. they dry out overnight or in a few hours. Now most are also built with features like light weight, good wet traction, some are made to not let rocks and sand in, not to shift on your foot and cause blisters. Etc etc.

I like them and consider them a must for boating and water sports and certainly wet hikes.

Comment

get a pair of wool felt or poly-wool felt slippers. They drain and dry quickly and are inexpensive

Best for canoeing and kayaking are those with felt soles as they grip wet rocks and logs nicely

Last edited by Mike; 05-07-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X