"Redneck Camping"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Redneck Camping"

Hey i saw this video and thought it was a great guide to camping with a funny southern twist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XsaCuGFy9M

That's funny! haha!
    Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

Comment

Howdy Mikequad,
      Unusual way to make an entrance, very funny. Welcome to the camping boards!
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 04-24-2009, 12:01 PM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Pretty Scary

Just exactly what I would never want to run into - a couple of good out (idiots) boys like that.

Comment

Now that is some funny stuff,
          Thanks for the laugh

Comment

Originally posted by mikequad View Post
            Hey i saw this video and thought it was a great guide to camping with a funny southern twist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XsaCuGFy9M
            Now, being from kentuckyiana (southern Indiana northern Kentucky) We could take offense at this video.
            We do not. Have meant these two fellas in camps from southern Alabama to Wawa Ontario. They are O.K. once
            you get to know them.Not sure if we are a redneck?
            Good ole boy? Our just folks. Meeting all sorts of folks is what the camping experience is all about. Once had a pair of Chicago fire fighters camped next to us while
            fishing in Michigan. The first item removed from under their
            truck cap a fifth of J.B. They were a riot. Their entire adventure was focused of enjoying their J.B. By the end of the weekend, the wife and I knew all about their wives and children. Their jobs and their problems living in a large urban area. Nice fellas. Was a pleasure to meet them.
            Last edited by angler57; 08-21-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Why do people have that idea of us in the south? we're more intelligent than that, even tho it was intended to be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Christn2000 View Post
                Why do people have that idea of us in the south? we're more intelligent than that, even tho it was intended to be funny.
                Am sure we are much older than you. Heck we are older than most everybody (71).
                First important thing in life is to be able to laugh at ourselves.
                Son-of-a-gun, have to look at myself every mornin in the mirror.

Comment

Funny video. I am from the south and know plenty of rednecks that would fit this video. The funniest thing is that people think that rednecks are only in the south. I have traveled all over this great country and I see them every where. I guess some would consider me to be a redneck and I have no problems with that. I am a college educated professional but because of where I live, I am assumed to be a redneck. :D Just like was already posted, I laugh at myself. Life is to short to get all caught up in the stereotypes that people portray.

Heck, you ought to see us when we are fully loaded to go camping. We look like the Beverly Hillbillies going down the road but we certainly dont ACT like rednecks. I guess perception is hard to over come sometimes. :eek:

Comment

Hey Smokey, from the banks of the Ohio. You are right. Have seen Redneck behavior from northern Canada to Gulf coast. Most of these did not have southern accents.
                    Behavior has nothing to do with location or education. Know many professional folks with southern accents thick enough to be cut with a knife.
                    The movies and media seem to use easy sterio types.
                    Always hated being refered to as, flyover country by the media.
                    Without us middle Americans, south and north these people would not eat or have oil or coal.
                    They (coast folks) raid our schools and colleges to get a big part of their best and brightest.

Comment

That was too funny! :D

Gonna have to share that with the hubby.
                      "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
                      ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Yep, those Good Ol' Boys could be from North Florida, Sothern Alabama or most anywhere in Georgia....... :D

I am sure I met them once..... or maybe their cousins.
                        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

They even could be cross-bred Nevadans, but they ain't carryin no pistolarios or drinking Tequila like The Three Amigos! Funny flick just the same! Diggin up old threads is nice to see, that even I forgot about! We all camp from our own experiences and then we change our ways after awhile, because we wanna please our pardners' conception about us, that is if we have a pardner(mine's Desert Rose)! She my super really, just ask her! Hey there, Christn2000 thanks fer the re-surfacin' old threads! Dang-near forgot how fun this site really is and why I asked to moderate it! Thanks!
                          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

The 12 gauge works fine down here, as would the venerable Thutty-thutty! For drinkin' - it's either Bud Lite or JD, depending how hard you drink!

I just bought into a local "hunt camp club" for this coming season - so I may get to experience this kinda fun firsthand! :D
                            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

When I think of what we are as citizens of this wonderful place called the USA. This is more my picture of the true
                              American
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ry4BE2WEgw

Comment

Working...
                              X