No announcement yet.

GPS Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! I thought it was a road GPS! That's like mine almost! I have the Garmin Rino! I love it! I used it in Iraq. Now it'll be hard to use that gps as a road gps though...
    Last edited by richardvg03; 03-15-2009, 10:39 AM.
    Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

Comment

The 60CSx should be fine as a road GPS. Check the "accessories" tab - lots of vehicle mounts, cables, remote antennas, etc. This one has a lot of versatility!
      I could have the windshield mount for my car & truck, the handlebar mount for my bike, a boat mount if I had a boat, and be able to carry the GPS for hiking. With multiple cards, one can have different sets of maps available to just pop in or out.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I wasn't talking about mounts and things like that... I was reffering to turn by turn directions with audio.
        Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
        USMC Retired
        Scout/Sniper

Comment

Ah! For that, your talking the next step up in the price ladder! I'm old school though - can't stand a machine talking to me. I want my gadgets dumber than I am..... :D
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Gps?

Howdy BD and Sarge,
            Thanks BD for the compliment to my bride about her purchase. She is really happy with it. I am not mathatically incline so she is doing all the work with the waypoints and the setting up of the GPS. She is very excited about having it. And yes, it is waterproof. She also purchased a pair of waterproof binos too. So now she tells me that she will have the GPS in one hand and her binos in the other hand, so I'll have to do all the paddling myself. But heres the rub, she has all this waterproof gear, but when I go I carry a Cannon XTi 400D DSLR(not waterproof) and at least two lenses the Cannon 100-400mm zoom(not waterproof) and my Nikon DLSR D80 and it's 200-400mm lens(also not waterproof). The kayak's width is only 29 inches but I have never had the sensation that the kayak would roll over, so I'm not worried one bit. Hey, here is a site for you BD to check out. It is a free down-loadable contour map of the southeastern USA. It is very detailed http://www.gpsfiledepot.com. It is best to research and download the area that interests you. Paula, my bride likes it because in June we are flying back to TN and there is a very good southeatern section that is amazing!
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
            X