REI 20% fall coupon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REI 20% fall coupon

Just got my Rei fall coupon. 20% off for one item. The coupon is good Oct 4-14. I am 98.5% sure that means I will be picking up a Marmot limelight 3 person tent next weekend. What about other REI members, has anything caught your eye lately?
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: REI 20% fall coupon

Just about every tent in the store. I really want the Arete ASL 2, but even at 20% off, it's a little out of my reach right now. It's a painful temptation living 10 minutes from one store and working 5 minutes from another.
    Last edited by MacGyver; 09-29-2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I'm mulling over bike stats and ogling a smaller tent. Noooooo decisions yet but I'm hopeful.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I tend to buy stuff there that I don't want to bother order, like lantern generators, or clothing on sale. Their tents and other gear are priced way too high, even with discounts, vs. Ebay. I'm glad they do a roaring business, so for a lot of people their quality and price point are right-on.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I could use a pair of Polartec pants for winter outdoor activities.
          Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
            Their tents and other gear are priced way too high, even with discounts, vs. Ebay.
            They are overpriced on things. But when you figure the Marmot tent is $270 then take 20% off, its $216. Then you get $21.60 back on your dividend next year. So that helps. There are 2 on ebay right now, both are used...
            1) buy it now for $216 plus 9 for shipping. So that is $225 for a used tent.......
            2)one at $100, right now, (buy option is $249) plus $39 for shipping. Auction ends in 6 days and at least 2 people are watching this item. So if you don't buy it now, you are dealing with the auction for 6 days, then you have to wait for it to ship....Here in CO, snow is falling, roads have been washed away from the floods, so if you want to get a fall trip, you don't have time to deal with that.

Plus they have very, very good customer service at REI, and that is very hard to find these days. So I will avoid the hassle of ebay on this one. I just wish they hadn't changed the return policy, or I would buy a REI branded tent.
            Nights camped in 2019: 24
            Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I could use another sleeping mat. My son and I will be trying out our new Limelight 3 for the first time this coming weekend. It looks like it's going to be a pretty sweet tent.

Comment

I may use the REI coupon for a backpacking stove.

Speaking of Marmot Limelight tents...

I've been halfway looking for a small 1-man tent (i.e. what the manufacturers call a "2 person" tent) for backpacking. I'm not real comfortable with the ultra-light tents. In order to go from 5 pounds to 4 pounds, they use gossamer thin 40D fabrics, 20D mesh, thin diameter poles, all mesh tent walls, and questionable pole structures in the wind. Considering that I hike in very rough rocky terrain and it's almost never above 60 degrees at night, I just don't think those durabilty tradeoffs make sense, especially when the ultralights are nearly double the price for pretty flimsy tents -- just to save the weight of a half liter of water.

Anyway, in the middle of looking at all kinds of options, a deal I couldn't resist popped up. Marmot Limelight 2P for $110. At that price nothing else really made sense. I mean, that's a really high quality tent for the price of a cheapo. Same fabrics as my Halo 4. 9mm aluminum DAC poles. Good combination of fabric and mesh with mesh in the ceiling and mesh panels low for good air flow, but a a little more structure than a solid mesh tent body. Nearly rectangular floor - 54 inches tapering to 48 inches. Too small for two people, but spacious for one. Enough vestibule for a pack and a pair of boots.

http://marmot.com/products/limelight_2p?p=118

5 pounds. Not mountaineering grade fabrics, but more robust fabrics and poles than the ultra-lights. Standard two pole dome that should at least survive a summer thunderstorm or a little bit of wind. Brow pole to give it a little width. The reviewers don't like it because it only has one door so it's not good for two people. But, as a 1-man tent, what do I care? Has a roof vent on the backside. If I wanted a two-man tent, I'd get the Limelight 3P.

The deal was only on the green version, so that's what I got. I prefer the yellow/gray overall, but considering this will be used for dispersed off-trail camping, the green will be less obtrusive. Price includes the factory footprint and a gear loft.

Comment

I joined Rec in 1969. I long for the days when there was much more technical equipment in the catalogue. Marketing and changing times have made it necessary to provide much more basic equipment than in years past. The arrival of the annual catalogue used to be cause for celebration. I lived in Seattle in the 1970s and we used wait all night in line to get into the annual sale at the old main store downtown.

Comment

I'm reeeeeeeeeally hoping I can finish saving enough pennies before it ends, because $88 off of the Kingdom 6 would be very, very nice.
                    Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
                    Nights under the stars:
                    2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
                    2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Not to mention that a Kingdom 6 would be very, very nice in its own right! As long as you've got a helper for setting it up, I think that is really a fantastic layout for a family tent. I love how easy it is to roll one or both sides of the rain fly up and back down quickly. The only thing I would change would be making the room divider removable. I suspect it would just end up being a nuisance.

Comment

There was a 20% REI coupon that just expired but found this site which posts all the latest REI coupons: http://bc25.com/stores/rei-com/
                        Right now there is a 12 day sale on until Feb 11 at the REI outlet.

Comment

The REI coupon is gone but they have a outlet sale on now for a few more days. Things are half price. Coupon is here: http://bc25.com/coupon/mega-deals-rei-outlet/

Comment

Working...
                          X