Welcome Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Back

Glad to see the site is back up. If those Syrian's pull this BS again I say we strike them!!!!!
    Thanks for getting the site back up.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: Welcome Back

Sorry it took me a few days to figure our what they did and how to fix it.

Shawn notified me of the hack via our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/campingforums If you're not friends with us there...go do it! :D

Thanks again Shawn!
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Strike Syria and we piss off the Iranians. Both have rockets pointed at Israel.
      Kill people with bullets and bombs, or chemical weapons, they are just as dead.

Comment

Glad to see you got everything figured out, JohnJohn
        Had a bit of a panic moment when I saw that Syrian screen - thought it was another virus like the moneypak.

Comment

There were other forums that were attacked by the Electronic Syrian Army so we were in good company. They did accomplish one feat - by hacking more than $25 at one website they earned Free Shipping! :rolleyes:
          Last edited by tplife; 09-11-2013, 05:48 PM.
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Jeesh. Syrian Islamers. What a bunch of crazies. Do they honestly think that they are going to make friends and gain sympathies by hacking websites and killing children and innocent people?

What a bunch of nutjob weenies. Ya gotta ask what kind of parents raised these lunatics and why there are so many of them.

Instead of engaging the middle east in war, we should just put a big fence around the Middle East and hang a sign "Insane Asylum. Enter at your own risk. Please don't feed the animals"

Last edited by Mike; 09-11-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I think you're right Mike, and their efforts have backfired! Putin has an armed anti-carrier frigate moored in the Mediteranean Sea to keep Obama's cruise missles in his little canisters, and Assad immediately resumed heavy bombing of the anti-gov't rebels (including children and innocent people of course). Gotta love diplomacy! :cool:
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Glad everything is back to normal here. Why would anyone think annoying someone would garner support?
                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                – E. B. White

Comment

Oddly enough, even though I only joined last month I must have checked the site 10 times each day to see if it was back up. Would that count as hooked?
                  “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                  – E. B. White

Comment

Very glad the site is back! Had me worried - but I haven't encountered that nonsense anywhere else - so far.....

"Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to besure!" :-(

I could almost understand the muzzies striking a gun or political site, but a CAMPING site? Are they crazy?
                    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Um.....My Syrian comment was meant as a joke.....
                      Nights camped in 2019: 24
                      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
                        Um.....My Syrian comment was meant as a joke.....
                        Too late, you have mortally offended those that hacked the site. You, um...well, I guess you must be punished? Ah, lets see....I know...

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
                        – E. B. White

Comment

This whole thread has me scratching my head, I missed the news of Syrian Hackers, but they did really exist, read a few news articles on them. Interesting tactics.

I was more worried because the filter at my workplace block me from accessing the site, I was worried IT caught onto my time wasting. :cool"
                          sigpic

Comment

The initial page shown upon the hack-attack looked Syrian. Then next day, there was just the message of the website being down.
                            Still don't know what the buggers have against campers.......
                            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Glad you are back! My workplace website was hacked earlier this year along with half a dozen other sites all showing the same style message similar to what was found here. All websites had the word State in it - I am at a state community college - so one could kind of follow the logic of the hack. This one on a camping website is puzzling, though. Good to know of the Facebook page.
                              - Laura
                              Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
                              X