alcohol/booze in your campsite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alcohol/booze in your campsite

I've asked a lot of rangers what the rule on alcohol is. some state parks have no alcohol allowed. The national forests and national parks around here have a no public consumption rule. the rangers have always told me that no public consumption means you are allowed to drink but not so anyone else knows yer doing it. they say pour it in an opaque cup or drink in your tent or trailer.

So what do yall do? Do you drink while camping? How do you do it and stay within the rules? I like beer and we pour it in plastic cups to keep it on the down low.

Re: alcohol/booze in your campsite

Here in Wisconsin both at the National, State, and I believe county parks/forests alcohol consumption is allowed. Probably if they did not allow alcohol consumption, everybody would move to Minnesota and that would be a problem.

The rangers here tell me that the worst people problems they have at the parks involve alchohol whether it is fights, guns, arguments among campers, noise, whatever - they say that if it is a bad situation, usually alcohol is present.

I never thought alcohol was a good idea around camp or anything that involves the use of tools, fire, or motion; all of which are common at campsites.

Still, I like a beer or a shot of bourbon once in awhile. I bring a maximum of one beer per day or maybe a jigger of bourbon per day.

Comment

Working...
    X