National Parks Triple Thursdays matching donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Parks Triple Thursdays matching donation

If you wish to donate to the National Park Foundation, Coca-Cola will match your donation up to $50,000. And on Thursdays, Coca-Cola will triple your donation.

https://myaccount.nationalparks.org/...a-eb39eec23b3c
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Re: National Parks Triple Thursdays matching donation

^^^^^ I ..I uhm don't have a problem with the organisation's possible politics but then I live (and vote)in a hardcore Blue state .
    Since the matching funds are going directly towards park maintenance and capital improvements I'm fine with donating.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

HS-Last year 20K of their funds went towards lobbying. It was specifically for 2 bills dealing with finances. Given their overall annual budget that's just a drop in the bucket and seems sensible. This at least is what was reported on their taxes and is a matter of public record. I'm guessing this is not the organisation or funds you are concerned about. Could it be the NP LLC that deals in major lobbying / is a PAC? If, so it's a wholly separate group and files it's taxes accordingly.

http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/cli...0853&year=2000

Since it was set up by Congress, in the mid '60's and the sitting Secy of the Interior is mandated a seat on it's Board of Directors, I would imagine that many of the other directors are political appointees, so in that sense, the Board certainly reflects the policies of whatever President is in office.

Bravo for you to have no major political party affiliation. That would be an exercise in futility where I live; there are no open primaries here.

It's kinda funny this topic was posted here today. On another forum I frequent, someone posted a thread that includes a list of the 50 worst charities in the USA. It made for interesting reading and is somewhat germane to this subject:

http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst-charities/

Back to the direct topic, I've done my donating and am glad it'll be triple matched by Coke today. I'll be honest, normally I give only to educational groups but it's nice to step out of my comfort zone.
      Last edited by NYCgrrl; 06-06-2013, 01:55 PM.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Thanks HS, you saved me from getting out my checkbook! Lobbyists are the folks who run the country and I think they're quite fat, thanks (born in Falls Church, VA). I'm a Conservative so I can go "both ways", haha!
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
        X