Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February Camping 09?

Howdy,
    Planning on primitive camping this weekend in the Gold Butte Area of Nevada. You take I-15 out of Vegas to Riverside, Nevada about 90 miles. Then cross the Virgin River just above the start of Lake Mead and head for the dirt. Over 500 miles of dirt roads. Free Camping too! Sounds really good! What's up with everyone else?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Camping in Febuary

Well, the only camping I'll be doing is with the Boy Scout troop on our monthly outing. Not sure where we're going yet, but it's always fun. As the Scoutmaster, I get to sit back and relax (usually) and let the boys plan, set-up and run the whole trip. In a boy-led troop, I don't have to do much because the boys are in charge.
    Scott W. McClure
    Photographer/Scoutmaster Troop 202
    Eagle Scout-BSA/Order of the Arrow-Vigil Honor Member

"You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day and only so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either." The late Galen Rowell.

Comment

With hunting season coming to a close finally, the local hunt camps will be open to the public in the National Forest again. A couple buddies and I are cobbling up an idea for a monthly MC camping excursion to various local sites, and will need to scout good sites.
      We have a local wilderness area called "Tate's Hell" that is famous in legend in these parts - great off-road riding too! They have a somewhat 'primitive' campsite that can take RV's, but it'd be 'dry camping' with no services. We'd be in tents though.
      If the weather co-operates, I want to check this place out this month, or March at the latest.
      Another riding buddy has mentioned a place down in the Ocala National Forest, a good deal further, but close enough for a long weekend trip.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Feb Camping 09

Howdy,
        You bet I'm going camping! Weekends were made for camping. This weekend Feb. 6-8,09, I'm taking my bride to work on Friday then I'll drive to Lake Mead Wash, find a site(early), set up camp to her liking, then drive back in to Vegas to pick her up at work. Then we will drive back out to Lake Mead Wash and we will commit to camping again. For the 14 & 15th of February we are planning on going to Whitney Pockets in the Gold Butte area of Nevada(4x4) to an area on the north shores of Lake Mead but there isn't a single patch of concrete road anywhere for hundreds of miles. Camping is in our blood and it's this country that we love! I'd sing it, if ye asked real nice!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Got pictures??
          Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
          USMC Retired
          Scout/Sniper

Comment

Working...
          X