battery operated immersion blender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery operated immersion blender

Does anyone know of a good battery operated immersion blender? I love being able to make smoothies, soups, etc. while camping but have no available electrical power to run or recharge items.

Re: battery operated immersion blender

Are you talking about carrying a smoothie blender into the back-country where there is no electricity? That sounds like a pretty neat application. Don't you need ice for that?

Maybe the best solution is to buy a couple miles of extension cord.

Comment

Hogsnapper, no I never found one. I did find a hand crank blender (pricey), but was looking for something that could do smoothies and also cream soups. Without having to dump the contents of the pan into a blender and back again to reheat. Mike, not into the back-country, just into a state campground. Maybe the 2 mile extension cord is the answer lol

Comment

Originally posted by rose View Post
        Hogsnapper, no I never found one. I did find a hand crank blender (pricey), but was looking for something that could do smoothies and also cream soups. Without having to dump the contents of the pan into a blender and back again to reheat. Mike, not into the back-country, just into a state campground. Maybe the 2 mile extension cord is the answer lol
        rose, I spent a long time looking for an immersion handstick before settling on the manual blender. It does a nice job on smoothies but I've never tried it on cream soup. To date for cream and creamed soups/dips, I puree the base at home then freeze it minus any dairy products. When I want dairy added I just defrost the bag's content. In fact this works well for me at home and whilst camping.

I've nooo idea why the Vortex blender has essentially doubled in price. Double checked my records and I paid $35.00 for it a few years back.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Do you have one at home? Take it with you. Buy a small 12v/120v inverter for you car and plug in your blender.
          Never underestimate the power
          of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Working...
          X