Whose camping Summer 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose camping Summer 2012?

Howdy Campateers! If you are going camping this summer(June, July, Aug) and you'd like to share a little or alot, here's the seasonal thread to post up! Your campout might just be in the backyard or at a National Park, or a trip to a foriegn land it doesn't matter as long as you are camping and wanna chat about it! Have fun!!!:cool::cool:
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Who's Goin Camping This Summer 2012

Lake Ray Roberts in N. Texas. $50 bucks for a weekend with access to power, running water, showers and a lake!

Comment

We're leaving for Tar Jacket Ridge (Backpacking) June 1st!
      2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Cool guys, cool! Got room for me(haha) take plenty of pics and remember to share them here, happy camping & backpackin!

Comment

I am going to Bryce Canyon next week and Sequoia in August.

Comment

I've been camping almost every weekend lately. We have a "secret" place in the desert that we go to. It's someones private property so we have to call and get permission. There are 2 ponds, one big enough that there is a paddle boat and tree swing. Lots of huge green trees....and mosquitos!

Many people don't know this place exsists, and I feel very lucky that we do! Someday I will get pictures up =)
            My Other Interest

Comment

leaving tomorrow for the weekend at the state park campground, Higly Flow in South Colton just north of the Adirondack Mountains in NY. This will be Our second trip this year. We spent Memoral Day weekend in Lake George, NY. Just south of the Adirondack Mountains.

Comment

I went on my first trip to Lassen Volcanic National Park and we stayed there 4 days. My kids brought the round snow saucers because there was plenty of snow for sliding.

We are planning a 3 week trip to Eastern Oregon (Wallowa Mountains) in August. I want to do a lot of fishing and berry picking. My wife bought a lot of books on foraging and is going to try the Euell Gibbons method of eating. It's amazing that there is a lot of food available growing wild. In the Bay Area, we have harvested thistle. The stalks taste like celery! You need gloves to pick it.

Last edited by markkee; 06-22-2012, 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling
                Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
                sigpic

Comment

being camping once a month since april. april we did the spring camp with the scouts in calhoun falls, sc. in may my son and i went to hunting state park near myrtle beach and camped. in june my son and i went to devil's fork state park in salem, sc for a week (had a fun encounter with a 350+ lb black bear, but my son was so calm and the bear left...not to mention it was in the tent site at 415 am), then for the week of the 4th the family camped at oconee state park with plenty of activities. 1st week of august as a back to school camp, the family is going to table rock state park for the week. september we will do a weekend camp in north carolina mountains, then in october we will do our fall camp with the scouts at hickory knob in abbeville, sc (i think that's where it is), nothing for november as of yet, but december our immediate family will camp for christmas in the upstate to change the pace for a change....

Comment

We are just beginning to get ready for our camping season! Yeah, some may say that summer's winding down, but for us we avoid the rush of summer and start camping mid-August through autumn, winter & spring. With that in mind, in less than two weeks we are planning on doing a short weekend camp in the Unita Mountains, UT. Butterfly Lake at an elevation of 10, 200' to start(check it out on Google Earth). Kayak a little, fly fish rainbow & grayling trout, cook gourmet all the way & work out the kinks from not camping for over a year. Then the last week of Aug we will be vacant almost that entire week for an extended camp to Butterfly Lake & Christmas Meadow! No internet and no phone, exactly the way we like to camp! It's getting exciting! And we can't wait!
                    Last edited by renodesertfox; 08-14-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X