How about a ______________ page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a ______________ page?

If there isn't a link/page for those of use who have a place for traveling members of this forum to put up a tent on another member's property, is there energy to start one? I, for one, have 20 acres, with electricity and water, if someone is in the Klamath Falls area and wants a place to stay for a couple of nights. Any takers?\

Re: How about a ______________ page?

Good point you have raised Trail Magic. There is a section called Campouts & Outings. Let me ponder it a day or two and at least I could stick the thread so it's always near the top of that section. Great idea!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Go to "Where To Go" section of the forum and you will see the struck thread in each area of the world. For an example of what to write to add what each Campateer can offer to another campateer, please use my listing in "Rocky Mountain State" as a guideline. Thanks Trail Magic this is a great idea!

Comment

As usual, you did a great job setting that one up. I couldn't have explained it better. I made an entry in the Northwest section. Would you move it into the Northwest "Camperteer Surfing" link.

Comment

I can not move a thread that is within the same "heading" to another separate heading within the same Topic.

Just copy and paste it yourself. If I copy and paste it, the wizard's server will attach my avatar to it and yours will not show up.

Comment

Will do....... I understand how those "wizards" think they know what we want them to do :-) Chuck

Comment

So, here the skinny!

If anyone goes to the section: "Where to Go" there is a sticky at the top of their area's page that says...This thread is designed to allow Campateers who are traveling to a campsite/destination to Campateer Surf at, or on, a fellow Campateer's property, streetside curb, driveway, yard, or room(s). Campateers willing to allow another campateer to stay with them should only list what they can offer in general terms. Fellow Campateers interested in staying at another Campateer's residence should communicate with one another by private messaging(PM) and NOT list your address within this thread.

Here's my example that persons interested to share should or might say: Renodesertfox: We live in North Ogden, Utah. We are only about seven miles East of I-15 and am easy to find. I have a street-side curb about 100' long that an RV may use or TT. We also have a small backyard that would accommodate a small tent. Also 2 guest rooms and 2 private baths. If you are passing through on your way north to the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone or Glacier National Parks. Or heading south towards Zion or The Grand Canyon you are more than welcomed to stay with us(CAMPATEER SURF) for FREE, for a period not exceeding two(2) days. Please PM me if you are interested to see if we can accommodate.

This is designed that campateers(registered users of this site) might rely on another member for support traveling from destination to destination and help with the availability of a free place to stay while traveling! It'll only work if YOU allow it to work! Heck, you just might make a new life-long friend! What's up with that? It's all for the good in humanity! Camp On!

Comment

I'm gonna suggest that the "guest" return to the "host" post and write a little blurb about the stay so others can get a feel for the host.

I stayed with Chuck and Susan for two nights. They put me and my family up and ________________. The only issue we had while staying with them is they didn't have a TV, so we couldn't watch Dancing With The Stars.

Comment

Well then, to get started with this good way of sharing when traveling, Trail Magic, you need to go to my area(Rocky Mtn States) and pen a short report about the time you stayed with us, even though we were in Reno, NV when you camped on my curb and we went out for pizza! haha!:D

And I also allowed you to use my 'puter and I don't let just any-old-body-use my 'puter, pard! heehee! And you allowed me to meet BBJB!:o In my eyes it was a great time! But we need to hear from you!:cool:
                  Last edited by renodesertfox; 08-12-2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Cool! And, will do!

Comment

Working...
                    X