Returning = Was "Eaglebait Ranch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning = Was "Eaglebait Ranch"

Well, it has been over a year since I posted here. I guess I got nuked off of the server somehow so I had to re-register. As Renodesertfox can verify, I've developed a mixed bag of fun. In the last year I have spent 4.5 months on a recumbent touring tricycle solo touring Europe, spent 6 weeks after that Susan joined me and we lived out of backpacks and explored the Swiss and French Alps, Italy, southern Spain and the southern end of France via Europass. From the middle of this last Feb through the end of May we flew our trikes to Houston, Tx and peddled the Gulf States, then turned north through Savannah and Charleston, ending our trek in Kannapolis, Md.

Right now, Susan is in the final 10 days of spending 2 months solo hiking in the Alps and Italian Dolomite Mountains. She gets back on the 16th. On the 23rd we take off for 5-6 weeks of living out of our van, kind of seeing what there is to see in British Columbia, then over to Glacier National Park and then whatever Montana, Wyoming, and other places in that neck of the woods has to show us.

For those of you who remember "Eaglebait Ranch" you now know why I have been absent. For those of you who don't know me, yet, HI! I'm also Chuck. I know an awful lot about backpacking and ultralight gear for backpacking. I would love to help you out in that area.

Re: Returning = Was "Eaglebait Ranch"

sounds like a great time!!!

Comment

You really should try to have more fun in your life!

Comment

I couldn't find you in the database anywhere. Sorry you had to re-register.
        JohnJohn
        ---------
        Forum Admin

Comment

Yeah I was doing rain dances, striking my tents & pitching them again in hope JohnJohn would fine the key. Good ole Chuck, great to have you back on! Missed you not coming by to Reno anymore to couch surf and go out for pizza! But hey, we had to move to North Ogden for Paula's sanity and a better job!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

@ JohnJohn - No problem! Thought about you guys a lot, but as you will find out, I got my wife to retire and we are never home! It has been great having Brent in my camp. Good human being and what a great heart!

Comment

FYI - We are (hopefully) in the final stages of moving from here (Oregon) to Concord, NC area so we can bicycle tour from our front door and explore the south and eastern states during the spring and fall. I have never lived in the east/south and can't wait to see the fall colors. To avoid the summer temps, we will fly our trikes over the big pond and peddle where the winds lead us in Europe and elsewhere.

I'm going to take advantage of the wealth of info here for learning about where we peddle on that side of the US.

Neither Susan nor I ever considered spending retirement watching Dr. Phil. We couldn't do that anyway cause we don't own a TV.

Comment

Welcome back!!!!
                My Other Interest

Comment

Thanks! Yours, like others I recognize and am glad your are still on board.

Comment

glad you are back with us...Found some of your older threads in the camping foods section, they were from 2009,
                    but good info. especially for a somewhat new camper as myself...look forward to reading about your many
                    adventures and experiences...as well as glean from your knowlege...

Comment

Tnonmymind: Welcome, yourself. . . . . Yes, as I was jogging my mind to people I recognized, there are some great people here and more than willing to check their egos at the door and help out.

Comment

Working...
                      X