Sharpen an axe............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpen an axe............

I found this link on how to sharpen an axe............

Obviously this guy has a very nice (likely Swedish steel) axe that is worth more than something from Wally.
    Look at the pictures at the end.........you can almost see your reflection in that blade.

http://blueandwhitecrew.org/resource...peningaxes.php

Re: Sharpen an axe............

i just learned something for sure. i can sharpen my axe, but not like this...i will attempt it now however

Comment

Quite interesting! Thanks for sharing this ontariocamper. I wonder if I can use the same technique on my pocket knife.

Comment

How timely!

I just bought a "sissy" axe (2.5 lbs, LOL) for making kindling and the hardware guy was unable to tell me how to sharpen it. I actually told him I was an axe novice but knew how to sharpen cooking knives and he condescendingly told me they weren't the same thing (No! Really???). Smiled, thanked him and bought it anyway.

This site will help to bring me up to snuff so I thank you kindly, ontariocamper.

TroyS- from my quick read, the basics are about the same for knife and axe sharpening with the exception of the beveled edge. Your pocket knife prolly isn't sharpened to the same degree/angle.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by ontariocamper View Post
          I found this link on how to sharpen an axe............

Obviously this guy has a very nice (likely Swedish steel) axe that is worth more than something from Wally.
          Look at the pictures at the end.........you can almost see your reflection in that blade.
          performance boating
          http://blueandwhitecrew.org/resource...peningaxes.php
          Damn that is an awesome guide to making a beautiful axe... That you very much for the article share.
          Last edited by KingoftheThrone; 04-19-2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Wow, that is VERY involved. Will have to try it someday. For now, I'm sticking to the wet stone method. Good for my sashimi knife too! lol.
            Tents | Sleeping Gear | Backpacks | Accessories

Comment

Working...
            X