Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Do you have everything this time, honey?"

Howdy,

Tomorrow evening I'm to bed early cause we(bride & I) are heading east to points in Arizona for a whole week, just thought you would like to know I have forgotten many important items when leaving on a camping trip. One winter we decided to snow camp and I grabbed the tent bag, thinking I took out the three season tent for our mountaineering one. Oops! We didn't do too bad, I bought three bales of hay from a rancher and that helped a lot. But boy, my better half has never let me forget that one.

Then on another outing, I forgot the air-mattress and that one cost me a very shortened trip. Another time I forgot our cooking stove and we had to cook over the campfire. Uneven heating is not fun either and I still have pots that I can't get the black off of! I've forgotten batteries, lanterns, maps, and even directions.

But the one that really made me sit up and get organized, keep a written log, know where everything is all the time was the time I forgot to pack my wife's backpack(you know, things) and thinking that we didn't need a spare tire because it took up too much room! And she had even ask: "Honey, you didn't forget anything, this time?" And I replied, like I always said: "No baby, everything's good, I got it all!" Not only did I get an earful then but returning home the next day we had a flat and no spare!

Am I ready this time...I sure hope so?:D hehehe!
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 11-04-2008, 12:23 AM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Been there, done that!

As we off-road riders say - "Adapt, improvise and overcome!" :cool:
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

forgetting things does make for an interesting trip, but you learn to have a plan"B". It also makes for lots of laughs at a campfire when everyone tells of what was left behind.
      Later on we call them memories.
      John
      2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
      2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
      I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Working...
      X