Just wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering...

I caught a couple episodes of Duel Survival on Netflix...so I looked these two guys up online Dave Canterbury and Cody Lundin, and I learned a lot about these two guys and their methods (seeing the show as entertainment only) but I was wondering what everyone thought about these guys? We know what a majority think about Bear and Les. But what about Dave and Cody? NOT about their show...about their methods (i.e. Dave's Pathfider System and Cody's Aboriginal Living Skills system). What are your thoughts? :confused:

BTW...this is not to start any wars...play nice.
    2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Re: Just wondering...

Originally posted by busere View Post
    I caught a couple episodes of Duel Survival on Netflix...so I looked these two guys up online Dave Canterbury and Cody Lundin, and I learned a lot about these two guys and their methods (seeing the show as entertainment only) but I was wondering what everyone thought about these guys? We know what a majority think about Bear and Les. But what about Dave and Cody? NOT about their show...about their methods (i.e. Dave's Pathfider System and Cody's Aboriginal Living Skills system). What are your thoughts? :confused:

BTW...this is not to start any wars...play nice.
    I don't see what could be wrong with those guys? They seem like nice hard working guys.

Comment

Cody has a cameo in a Christopher Nyerges book I have. I think the book might have been pre-dual survival also. I think they both have their positives and whatnot. I agree, best thing is pull from them what works for you.
      Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

The show is entertaining. Thanks hogsnapper for the info. I'll have to look up Dave Canterbury's youtube stuff. Both Dave and Cody seem like great guys. At least how they come across on the show, which seams pretty genuine other than some scripting of situations.

Comment

I think Dave Canterbury is the real deal. Just look at his school called The Pathfinder School. Here is a link to that site.

http://www.thepathfinderschoolllc.com/

Then he also has great vids on youtube under the name wildernessoutfitters. Or look up The Pathfinder School LLC on youtube.
          He even spent a lot of day living in a Yurt and posted many vids on that. I think there is something like 41 vids of it.

But I think he knows what he talks about.

Comment

After looking at both Cody and Dave's websites...even after the fame from the show, Dave seems to have kept it real. Where, I think Cody has let the fame get to his head just a bit. Dave is about reaching the younger generation, by letting youth (17 and under) attend his schools for free with a paying adult...which is just unheard of with any of the other schools out there. Cody, like a lot of the other schools out there, have heafty price tags for their classes. Dave does sell a lot of product, BUT the good side of that, he's able to keep his school cost affordable.

I think I've made a decission...I'm going to take my son to the Pathfinder Basic class in July.
            Last edited by busere; 04-13-2012, 07:02 AM. Reason: Fat Fingers!!!
            2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Working...
            X