Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy, y'all!

My wife and I both grew up camping with our families and have decided to start the tradition with our new family. We have two young sons (1yr and 2yr) and are shopping for our first travel trailer. We're in the Dallas, TX area and plan on camping probably in a 5-hour radius on 3-, 4-, and 5- day excursions.

Comment

• Originally posted by NogginBoink View Post
      Howdy, y'all!

My wife and I both grew up camping with our families and have decided to start the tradition with our new family. We have two young sons (1yr and 2yr) and are shopping for our first travel trailer. We're in the Dallas, TX area and plan on camping probably in a 5-hour radius on 3-, 4-, and 5- day excursions.
      Howdy NogginBoink,
      Thanks for joining the campfire! Lots of great campers here and we hope your stay is a long and happy one. Sometimes answers seem slow in coming around here and that's because we have campers here that actually camp and not just talk about it. Thanks again for taking time to join. Hope to hear about your experiences in lone star state!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Welcome

Welcome all who have joined

Comment

• EnloeMoriarty here

New to the forum so I thought I'd say hello. I'm in my early twenties and graduating college soon with a B.A. in English and a minor in Classical studies. I'll be an English teacher next fall and will be graduating in May. After being in school for so long I want to take my time off this coming summer to get back to the wilderness. I love reading and writing (music, prose or poetry), playing guitar and knitting.

Comment

• WELCOME to the forum. sounds like you have a plan for the summer. It seems to me that camping is a good place to work on all the things you love to do. good luck with the teaching . My daughter teaches High School English.
            2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
            2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
            I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

• New camper

Hi. I'm new to this forum and came here to find some info on tents and other gear. I will be camping for the first time as an adult in about three weeks. I camped some as a kid but my parents did everything. Anyhow, my 1st grade son joined cub scouts and I am the lucky den leader of 9 boys! THe pack is going camping in 3 weeks. We are just doing an over-nighter to get used to the idea of camping. I'm looking at tents and was wondering about the quality of Coleman tents? These seem to be the most prevalent in my area. I'm near Jacksonville, Florida, btw.

THanks and i'm looking forward to learning much for you all.

rob

Comment

• Howdy robb100,
                Welcome to the best camping forums chat around! It's really an everlasting campfire. Some stay around and I never leave, well, heck I'm a moderator. Hope your camping is a fun filled joyish activity and that not only learning stuff here but sharing your experiences good or bad here, always! Its a good place to vent, instead of the local pub or on the kids if you have any! Welcome to the forums! Just remember every camping trip is only practice for the next one and practice makes perfect, so camp, camp and camp! Dusty Trails...

Comment

• Hello my name is Kevin but everyone just calls me Mulk. Started camping at age 13 when I join scouts. Got my eagle rank right before I turned 18. After that I became active in Sea Explorers till 21.

Was pretty active camping till I was 24 so coming off a 6 year break from the outdoors. While I've had a grab bag of different places in various weather conditions I prefer day hiking and more casual distance backpacking anytime of the year excluding June, July, and August due to the southern heat and humidity.

My goals are to get back into the outdoors, figure out what all these new camping gadget do, and in 2010 hopefully take a week or two and go up the Appalachian trail a ways. After that job and money permitting perhaps I can finally make it some of the places out of the south I was unable to get to growing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mulk View Post
                    Hello my name is Kevin but everyone just calls me Mulk. Started camping at age 13 when I join scouts. Got my eagle rank right before I turned 18. After that I became active in Sea Explorers till 21.

Was pretty active camping till I was 24 so coming off a 6 year break from the outdoors. While I've had a grab bag of different places in various weather conditions I prefer day hiking and more casual distance backpacking anytime of the year excluding June, July, and August due to the southern heat and humidity.

My goals are to get back into the outdoors, figure out what all these new camping gadget do, and in 2010 hopefully take a week or two and go up the Appalachian trail a ways. After that job and money permitting perhaps I can finally make it some of the places out of the south I was unable to get to growing up.
                    Howdy Mulk,
                    Welcome to the brown boardwalk of camping. Hope you'll enjoy your stay and that this will be a great place to learn and share your camping experience with us!

Comment

• This looks like the forum for me!

I am Adam and I live in Watertown, Wisconsin. Having grown up in Wisconsin I have always enjoyed getting out on trails, in forests, and on lakes. My wife and I love to tent camp (car camping mostly). We enjoy hiking, canoeing/kayaking, photography, and geocaching.

As I get older, I have realized just how much I love the outdoors and I often think if maybe an office job wasn't the best choice for me. But that's how life goes sometimes. Anyway, to help me get outside more and keep more in touch with my love for the outdoors, I created a blog. Feel free to visit it: www.GetOutandGoCamping.com
                      -Adam
                      www.GetOutandGoCamping.com

Comment

• Howdy AdamGOGC,
                        Thanks for joining the brown boards of camping! Everyone hopes that your stay with us will be a long and happy camping journey! Opinions count here and I see your 3 cents have already made a great impression among others. Welcome abroad! It'll be great to read about your experiences in Wisconsin, got-to-be-getting-chilly there by now! But that's okay, it has to get cold before it gets beauitful again in the upper mid-west!

Comment

• Welcome

Welcome to all the new guys

Comment

• Hey, i joined a couple weeks ago, but this is the first time i've logged in since I opened an account.

I've been looking at some of the posts and i'm really excited to get to know ya'll

Comment

• Howdy dance & shoot,
                              Thanks for joining, hope your camping stay with us is a long and happy journey! Jump right in and begin chattin', that's the easiest way to get to know other campers!

Comment

• Hello!

Hello Everyone,
                                Just registered! Glad to be here!

Comment

Working...
                                X