Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I live

Hey Everyone! Hope you 'campateers' are doing well. I'm new here, from the concrete jungle of Philadelphia. My girlfriend and I will be getting into hiking and camping, with the goal of eventually hoping on a plane and backpacking around the world. We already have a trip planned for Utah and then California! I look forward to interacting with you guys, while learning more about the hobby!

On a side note, how long does it take moderators to approve new threads? It's been 4 days or so and nothing has shown up yet!

Later!

Comment

Hello!

I'm new here and very happy to have found this place! I di did a lot of camping in my youth. Now I have the privilege of camping with my wife and almost 2 year old son. We are from Maryland. I have a Kodiak canvas tent and am currently making a chuck box.

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Just wanted to say hello new here but not to camping,grew up camping now do it with my family seems like a very good place to visit and learn

Comment

Hello and welcome to our newest members! Glad to have you here!
          Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Originally posted by WannabeOutdoorsman View Post
            On a side note, how long does it take moderators to approve new threads? It's been 4 days or so and nothing has shown up yet!
            The time varies depending on the time of the year, a couple days in the off season, but could be longer during camping season. Keep posting! Once you hit six posts you are off moderated status and posts are not delayed. So post a couple more times (you are at 4 now) and you are good to go!
            Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Hello from Ontario, Canada. Glad to join this awesome community!

Comment

G'day mates! From Australia here. Have been living up in the very north of Australia the past few years. It has been an awesome experience being able to hike and camp in such remote but beautiful locations. Looking forward to being part of this community!

Comment

Hi from Denton, Tx! My wife and I just started camping so been getting tips and ideas from here and decided to register for an account.

Comment

Hey all!

37 year-old Seattle native, currently residing in the hoity-toity suburb of Bellevue. I love car camping with my boyfriend of nearly 10 years and about 20 of our closest friends. We're going to try to get out for smaller trips as well this summer.

Comment

Just bought our first camper. 32' bunkhouse. We are from MI and have two young boys who are very excited to start camping!

Comment

Hello from Connecticut. Only camped a little in the past, but going to try more this summer

Comment

Hello I'm Dacy. I live in northern Oklahoma. New to the forums so I thought I'd come say hello.

Comment

Hi, I am Sandi, from central Michigan, and am considered a senior citizen now I guess. I still have not fully accepted that is what I am now considered as in my mind I am 20 but unfortunately my body argues that thought constantly. :he:

In my 20s I tent camped & then got caught up with kids, career and life, and it wasn't until the kids had grown that my husband & I purchased a pop-up, then on to a travel trailer and camped in state & private campgrounds throughout Michigan & a couple times in Indiana. We then decided to purchase a 5th wheel & placed it on a seasonal site on the bay of Lake Huron. Due to job changes, etc., we decided to sell the 5th wheel.

I am now retired & still love the thought of camping. Therefore, I am going to tent camp on my own with my two little Yorkies! (Did I say I think I am still 20, in my mind?!? Lol)

I have been purchasing items for the past two months
                            I bought a 6 person Big Agnes tent. I have put it up once by myself-in my house-but plan to put it up again soon outside & try an overnight in it with my dogs. I have a full size, 22" high inflatable bed, which with my aching body I need, along with 2 types of heaters. I also purchased the Bass Pro kitchen & I can hardly wait to use it. I am just afraid it may be a bit of overkill for just me, but it is sooo nice. I cant believe I was able to get everything in my little Ford Focus when I did a dry run! My first outing will be Memorial Day weekend at a state park. I am SO excited. I just hope I have everything I will need!

One thing I have always wanted to do is dry camping & my youngest son & DIL will do this with me. I can't wait for that.

Anyway, I am glad I found this forum & am looking forward to "meeting" you all.
                            Hope to camp in my new Columbia Fall River 8 Instant Tent in 2017

Comment

Hi All! I am Hannah, or "EmbersMom." I am a new mother of a almost six month old little girl, and I also have a 5 year old step son. I am also a new camper, having gone for the first time EVER last year! That's crazy because the town and area that I live in is all about the outdoors! I joined this forum in hopes of getting some ideas and tips for our next camping trip that's coming up in a few weeks! I hope to talk to you all soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by EmbersMom View Post
                                Hi All! I am Hannah, or "EmbersMom." I am a new mother of a almost six month old little girl, and I also have a 5 year old step son. I am also a new camper, having gone for the first time EVER last year! That's crazy because the town and area that I live in is all about the outdoors! I joined this forum in hopes of getting some ideas and tips for our next camping trip that's coming up in a few weeks! I hope to talk to you all soon!!
                                Welcome to the forum. Congrats to the addition to your family and to the world of camping. Lots of ways to have fun in the outdoors.
                                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                                – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                                X