Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a Camping Friend

I just joined the forum and look forward to getting to know a lot of other campers and sharing stories.:p

Comment

Hello, I am new to the forum. My wife and I live in Northern Lower Michigan and have camped for 35+ years. Had a pop-up for years, then purchased a Scamp about 4 years ago...and loving it.

MOst of our camping is done North of us, but occasionally get south. Our kids live in Cincinatti and Northern Kentucky.

I look forward to hearing of recommended camping experiences..anybody do the St Lawrence Seaway yet?

Comment

Howdy jnordin, camphost & acorbin01,
        Weclome to the camping boards and we hope that your stay with us will be a long and happy. Now let's go camping!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hi I'm Derek and I live in Northern Michigan!

I camped once in my life and rved a few times with my folks.

I love the feel of real camping over rving. I love waking up to the smell of campfire breakfest and I hope to do some camping soon!
          My cooking site!

Comment

Howdy Chili Chef,
            Welcome to the camping boards, everyone here hopes that your stay will a long and happy one! It's good to share experiences even though they may be few. Great tips and links to places to camp are everywhere here, now that you're a member there are the member pages to look at and get involved yourself. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
              Howdy Chili Chef,
              Welcome to the camping boards, everyone here hopes that your stay will a long and happy one! It's good to share experiences even though they may be few. Great tips and links to places to camp are everywhere here, now that you're a member there are the member pages to look at and get involved yourself. Welcome aboard!
              Thank you vegasdesertfox, I hope I can also contribute once ina while too while I'm in college.

How would some one who went camping once, and rving a few times get involed with camping again?

I really want to go tent camping, Thats where I had the most fun.
              My cooking site!

Comment

Howdy Chili Chef,
                Ok, start reading all the threads here. Rome wasn't built in a day and a person waiting to go to college has got to have a pastime, you picked the best one, camping. This thread is just for saying howdy, so lets move on.

Comment

Just registered

Hello! My wife and I camp in a Sprinter van converted by Sportsmobile. We like day hikes and my wife loves to cook in her tiny kitchen.

I have been camping for ever it seems. When I was young all I took was basically a sleeping bag, fishing pole and a skillet. I moved up to tents, VW campers, travel trailers, Class C motor homes and now our Class B.

Last year we spent 4 weeks in Alaska and this summer's trip will be to Glacier National Park.

I keep a blog of our adventures and other information.

Regards,

Keith Messinger

Comment

Howdy Keithmessinger,
                    Welcome to the camping boards. We hope that your stay with us will be a long and happy journey. Enjoy our comforts and as you post to threads or start your own thread, keep track of everything with your own pages found in the Member Lists. Once again thanks for taking the time to join camping forums.

Comment

Hi all! My name is Michael and I live in Arizona.

I grew up camping, fishing and hunting in our White Mountains and Rim country.

Now it's just camping. :-)

I still like to "rough it" with a tent. But dang, those TT sound nicer and nicer the oldr I get. :-)

Comment

Howdy bhipdude,
                        And a very big Howdy-do to you! Welcome to the original camping boards! We all hope that your stay with us will be a long and happy association with fellow campers. The last time I was up in the White Mountain region of Arizona was last fall, the weekend before Halloween. We tent camped at Fool's Hollow and it snowed. We went there to watch the eagles come in but we left the day it snowed and missed them by one day, so we were told. We were not prepared for snow being from Vegas, so shame on us. But we still had a wonderful time none-the-less. Thanks for hanging in there and joining the chatting campers and saying hi here. Welcome!

Comment

Hello from Kansas!

Hello! My name is Amber and I'm new to camping. I'm a junior in college and I'm wanting to plan an affordable camping trip (possibly in Yellowstone) this summer for a week or two. Any advice is appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by amberisdelighted View Post
                            Hello! My name is Amber and I'm new to camping. I'm a junior in college and I'm wanting to plan an affordable camping trip (possibly in Yellowstone) this summer for a week or two. Any advice is appreciated

Howdy amberisdelighted,
                            Welcome to the camping boards! We all at camping forums hope your stay will be a long and 'delighted' one. This sub-titled place is reserved for just saying hi and a little bit about yourself. Since that has been covered 'delightfully' I think it would be best if you post your question about Yellowstone in a new thread in this sub-title or in the tent camping forum. You'll get more answers quicker and more older chatters would be more willing to chime in. Welcome again to the camping boards!

Comment

Originally posted by amberisdelighted View Post
                              Welcome to the camping forum Amber, I've learned much here, and the folks seem pretty nice around here.

I'm in the exact same boat as you Amber, I just started college and I will be camping as much as possible, I'm hoping to do a series of photo's involving camping for my class.

By the way What do you take in college? I'm taking photography 101 for the first semester then the second semester in baking, and professional cookery.
                              My cooking site!

Comment

Originally posted by Chile Chef View Post
                                Welcome to the camping forum Amber, I've learned much here, and the folks seem pretty nice around here.

I'm in the exact same boat as you Amber, I just started college and I will be camping as much as possible, I'm hoping to do a series of photo's involving camping for my class.

By the way What do you take in college? I'm taking photography 101 for the first semester then the second semester in baking, and professional cookery.
                                Hey Chile Thanks for the welcome. My home away from home is in China, so I'm majoring in Chinese and Information Technology. I really care about the damage to the enviornment happening over the and I want to go into GIS. So! I really want to learn how to connect with the earth, yea?

Is photographing nature a new project for you, or are you exploring some new..crazy angle of it?

Comment

Working...
                                X