Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

i'm in northeastern wi - where we just had a mini taste of spring, which is now being followed by cold weather. i am always looking forward to spring & that first campfire. unfortunately i know few who actually go camping - so many times it's just me & my cat!

Comment

It is funny how you are all coming out of winter and into spring and soon summer and now we are coming into fall and soon winter. Some people tent camp in the winter. I think they are very brave and a lot tougher than me. I prefer it to be warm. I believe that Wisconsin is a very beautiful place, and the fall colours are spectacular. That would be a very good excuse to get out into the wilderness and camp out among the beauty regardless of the temperature.

Comment

• Re: I live

Hello everyone! I am from the northern Montana area originally and love the outdoors! Hope I can learn and add some good stuff to the forums here!

Comment

Hey all, nice to be here.

I've been tent-camping for years, but went looking for a forum to share ideas because I'm planning a big trip for this summer. My two kids and I will be road-tripping and tent-camping from Michigan through the Southwest, up the Pacific coast, and across the northern Rockies and plains into Michigan's Upper Peninsula before we head home home to Lansing.

It will be a pretty epic adventure. Hoping to share ideas and experiences on here.

Comment

Hi all. My wife and I are both longtime campers but will be returning to tent camping this year, since I traded my pickup for a car last fall so we'll be selling our 5th wheel. (Can't find a spot to mount the 5th wheel hitch on the new Prius.) I'm a retired newspaper editor-publisher, retired real estate broker, retired retailer, retired photographer. We hope to retire once more in a few years, sell our home and follow the Sun and 75 degree days in a big new camper at that point, but until then we're trying to find our way back to tent camping one more time. And that's why we're here -- to gather ideas/advice on what kind of tent, etc. to buy. I prefer canvas, she prefers nylon. We'll see....

Comment

Hi nico1et, you must be getting better weather now. We are just going into cooler weather here. My son and his girlfriend have just gone up to Ahipara, about 5 or 6 hours north of Auckland. He took his dog, a red nose Pitbull Staffy cross. It is the only dog friendly campground that replied to them. When they got there they phoned us and said there were no tent pegs. It is our strict rules that the pegs must always go in the tent bag and no one is allowed to take them out while in storage. They are having to improvise. The campground dose not have any for sale. Common problem, you think they would.

Comment

hi to all your campers out there. hope the EASTER has brought you happiness and fun for the kiddies

haven't had a chance to go out camping this holiday due to being on call for fires over here.
                next week I will head out and camp and fish so hope to post soon some snazzie snap or something

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Glad to be apart of a great forum, been a lurker for along time and have loved learning so much from so many experienced people!

CAMPING IN WISCONSIN THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT!

Thank you !

Comment

Hi, We are a family of three.....parents and one 14 year old camper. We love wild places, beautiful, but not too long hikes, unspoiled areas. We are from Ottawa, Canada and love to also travel and camp.

Comment

well, the weather has been very iffy.. we actually have had a bunch of temperatures that were just above freezing for many days recently & very gloomy. the sun's out now, finally,h hardly recognize it. better days ahead, but it makes you think about how very uneven the nice vs. crummy seasons are here in the upper Midwest.
                      that's too bad about the no tent pegs thing. I wonder how they got left out! yes, you'd think a shop would carry them. unless you find just the right sticks, it's really hard to come up with a substitution. camping is sorta all about making due, but I'd rather have to deal with something other than the essentials!
                      I remember long ago when I used to talk to people from 'down under' & I always found it so interesting. I wonder if we can share photos here easily. (ok - well this one is from last year - just wanted to get into the spirit somewhat)
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	086sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	69999
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone Oregon camping here. Just recently reintroduced to camping. This is post #4 and still none have been approved. Darn moderation period.

Comment

hello from Pensacola Florida! my name is David and I found this forum during the search for information on building a tiny camper. looks like a lot of friendly people and good information! hoping to learn a lot from this forum.

Comment

just thought i'd check in here.. seems like there's barely a word most of the time.

i was wondering if anyone, anywhere, has run into the problem we've experienced in the northwoods here these days: too many loud, obnoxious, dusty ATVs being allowed practically everywhere, so that those who want peace & quiet rarely get that.

Comment

Oh yeah! I wouldn't mind it if they drove more slowly and quietly, but some seem to think they're on a race track. More than once I've been sitting quietly observing and taking pictures of wildlife when a swarm of ATVs descend on us and scare them away. They need to be quieted, and there could be speed limits placed on trails.

Comment

Hello Guys,

I'm new to the forum, I have been browsing, there is alot of good info here! Thanks for sharing.
                                Let me know if I can help on anything, I'm passionate bout camping lanterns (I do collect and review new stuff) feel free to visit my site campinglanterns.net
                                I do live in Switzerland so I love long trails hikes in the mountain

I'll be arround, cheers!
                                Erik!

Comment

Working...
                                X