Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I live

Hello all, new to the forum and camping. My wife and I are in the process of acquiring all of our gear. From Southern CA.

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

I was just looking at the thread with the photos of members' dogs (camping buddies). I would like to post a photo of my dog. How do I go about posting a photo? I've been on for awhile and really enjoy checking in to see what the latest threads are about. I love reading about other members' camping adventures and places to go camping. Thanks for the forum.

Comment

• Re: I live

Greeting, my name is Tony, I am married to a wonderful lady who enjoys camping, fishing and jet skiing with her hubby. We just bought our camper a 2006 Mallard this past Sept. And are really enjoying it.
        I am hoping to gain knowledge from the forum as we become more seasoned.

Comment

Hello my name is Richard. I'm 55 single and from the U.P. of Michigan.I'm trying to get into tent camping.I've been going to Montana for 5 years now for fishing and staying with friends.They moved out of state so now I'm looking into tent camping.So far I really like the prarie areas and have'nt been to the mountains yet.I'm interested in tent info with accesories that I'll need.Got my eye on a 10x14 flexbow,maybe a little big for one but I never know if I'm going alone or not.And I like lots of room when it rains.Hopefully I will be allowed to post as this is the second post I've sent but not had the first one hit the site yet.Hopefully talk with lots of you soon. R Demler

Comment

Hi. My name is Tony. I live and work in Salt Lake City. I have a lovely bride of 15 years and a 10 year old son. Our home away from home is a 10x12 Kodiak tent. My son and I camp a lot (30+ nights a year). The lovely bride joins us for 3-5 of those nights.

In my world there are only 2 seasons: camping and skiing. I wouldn't go to work if I didn't need the income to support those two endeavors.

So, hi. Nice to see y'all round the campfire.

Comment

Hi
              i just registered, this is the best place i have found for info on camping

Comment

Originally posted by rdemler View Post
                Hello my name is Richard. I'm 55 single and from the U.P. of Michigan.I'm trying to get into tent camping.I've been going to Montana for 5 years now for fishing and staying with friends.They moved out of state so now I'm looking into tent camping.So far I really like the prarie areas and have'nt been to the mountains yet.I'm interested in tent info with accesories that I'll need.Got my eye on a 10x14 flexbow,maybe a little big for one but I never know if I'm going alone or not.And I like lots of room when it rains.Hopefully I will be allowed to post as this is the second post I've sent but not had the first one hit the site yet.Hopefully talk with lots of you soon. R Demler
                Richard, this is a great forum for camping information. I know what you mean about liking the prairie. I grew up in Minnesota and I have fond memories of camping with the smell of the prairie grass and hay.

I think you will find mountain camping equally as much fun. If you plan on camping solo and want lots of room, I would look at Eureka & Coleman as those are both durable and inexpensive. You can use these tents as starter tents to see if you really like tent camping. Compare spending $69 for a Coleman tent versus $600 for the Flexbow.

Kodiak tents are great if you plan on staying in one location for more than a few days. There are people on this forum that are die hard canvas tent lovers. When I was a kid, it would not be camping without the smell of the canvas tent and a campfire. I don't have the real estate space in my vehicle for a canvas tent unless it was mounted on the roof.
                Last edited by markkee; 01-05-2014, 06:16 PM.
                Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone! I just joined this forum and agree with others that this is the best source of information that I have found on the net. My partner and I camp here in Florida, mostly at Ft. Desoto and are looking to branch out. By the way, Ft. Desoto campground is awesome, we always get one of the sites on the water. Gorgeous. It is well managed and the grounds and bathrooms are very well maintained. We love it there.

We have also camped at Blue Springs which is nice for manatee watching at certain times of the year but the grounds themselves aren't as nice as Ft. Desoto. Our next stop is Lake Kissimmee State park in February.

I am looking forward to trying some of the other campsites you guys recommend and actually would like to head further North. We are also going to upgrade our tent from an old Columbia Bugaboo to an REI Kingdom 8, thanks to many of the comments on this forum. We have just outgrown the Columbia but it has been a great tent.

I look forward to sharing our experiences with everyone as well as gathering more information on gear and camping destinations. Thanks everyone!

Comment

• Hello

Hey there! I'm Nalin and have been camping since the last four years. I hope I can contribute to the community while at the same time update my knowledge of camping! :o

Comment

Hey all, I'm Nalin and have been camping since the last 4 years. I had posted my intro in the wrong place earlier, and hence I am re-posting it. I hope to contribute to the camping community and at the same time gain further knowledge about camping. I also run a blog named Camping for Beginners. Cheers

Comment

Hi everyone. Obviously I'm new. I hail from NJ and rarely camp. I come here looking for information on tents. I am in the market for my first tent. I am a tall, above average guy. I'm looking for something I can stand in without much hassle but it seems all of those tents tend to be 5+ people tents. I'm looking for something in the $100-$150 range. I'm purchasing this tent to go on a weekend trip in Maryland in early April.

I saw the coleman Sundome for $118. And then the elite was only $20 more. The only thing I'm worried about are the nights. Looking at the sides of both these tents it is nothing but mesh. Would this be OK for spring nights?

Comment

Just joined campingforum recently and just wanted to say hi and thank you to everyone for their postings.

Comment

Just joined recently and wanted to say hi.

Comment

Hello everyone.... wanted to introduce myself. I'm married and a mother of 3 kids (spread out in age- son is 17, daughter is 6 and our newest edition is our 6month old son). I've camped most of my life. I can still remember the canvas tent that we originally camped in, then later had a couple of pop-ups when I was a kid. Now I only use tents (we've wanted a camper but just never had the money). All of our kids started camping as babies, except our newest who was too young and we were in the middle of a heat wave when he was born. I've slowly collected all of our camping gear through the years, each year getting something new. We are now looking into getting a new tent. Our last one was the Coleman blue springs, and I was disappointed in the quality of it, and it leaked from the start. The one before that, which lasted over 10years was a brand that I cannot remember that I got from Dick's back when my oldest was just a baby.

I hope to learn new things and be ready for the new camping season coming up... this winter has been way too rough up here in upstate New York.

Comment

I joined the site late last fall.

I was raised in northern MN and growing up my parents camped quite often. Some of my favorite memories as a child revolve around camping. I continued camping through my teens and twenties. During my late twenties and into my late thirties my career took over and camping was something that I turned my back on. I am now 43 and have been married for 8 years. I have two sons ages 7 and 5.

Almost 1 year ago my father suddenly passed at age 63. During my grieving process I often reflected on the great memories I had of my dad. Those memories of my dad almost always involved camping. My life is centered around my family and late last summer I made the decision that life is to short so I made the decision that it was time to get back into camping. My goal is to create some great memories for my family especially my boys.

I have spent the last several months purchasing gear and we are now ready to enjoy the great outdoors. We purchased a very nice dome tent last fall and in the next couple weeks I will be purchasing a 12x20 Alaknak tent and a Four Dog wood stove. The great thing about living in west central MN is that we are a two or three hour car drive or less from some exceptional places to camp. The bad thing is that living in MN means that the ground is frozen for four to five months a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X