Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardvg03 View Post
    Hey guys! A little bit about myself... I reside in San Diego California. I enjoy pulling up Google earth and finding random places to adventure off to and camp at! I am a medically retired Marine Scout/Sniper. I was injured my second deployment to Iraq. I'd be interested in finding mature young people to camp with who do not get drunk or high while camping. Also it'd be cool to find a couple here seeing that I camp with my g/f.
    Richardvg03,
    sorry to hear of the early retirement. I find the use of google earth to be the most interesting way of selecting a campsite. I'll guess that your ride is up to the task of getting there and back.
    Currently I am listening to a sound I never heard in San Diego .... rain
    When will you do the month long trip to Alaska.
    good luck and God bless
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

I'll be taking off in July and returning in August! I've already got fly rods for the g/f and I! Super excited and can't wait!
      Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
      USMC Retired
      Scout/Sniper

Comment

Howdy, Richard! That will be a trip to remember, and tell the kids about later!
        Are you still shooting? I really improved my own shooting after reading the Marine sniper manual. I envy those who can do what they do!
        I also began my camping and 'adventure motorcycling' by finding places of interest by Google Mapping, then riding out there to check it out.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
          I really improved my own shooting after reading the Marine sniper manual. I envy those who can do what they do!
          You mean what I can do haha! Of course I still shoot! I have 2 sniper rifles at home. One is pretty close to the exact same one I used in Iraq.
          Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
          USMC Retired
          Scout/Sniper

Comment

My name is Lee, I go camping 4-5 times a year with my wife and two children (4 & 1.5). We usually go camping with my wife's extended family. It's a good time. Both of my children went on their first camping trip when they were 4 mo old.

We live in a small town close to Wichita, KS. Our first 2009 camping trip is in three weeks and I can hardly wait.

I too like to play around with google earth looking for weird out of the way places to visit.

We spent last year moving, and I spent a lot of weekends doing home repairs. This year I want to spend more time outside playing. Goal number 1 is learn to fish.

Comment

Hi There!!

Hi everyone! As you can tell from my login name, I am a camping newbee:D Glad to be here and hope to learn a few things as well as contribute some advice when I can. I'm from the midwest and look forward to many fun camping trips this summer!

Comment

Just Registered...etc

Howdy Camping Newbee,
                Welcome to the Camping boards. I hope that your stay with us will be a log and happy one and that we will all grow in our camping knowledge together. There's plenty to do so now look around and open areas that you couldn't access. You can start photo albums of your trip, tell us about a favorite receipe, ask questions and believe me I still asking a lot of questions. Once again thanks for joining campingforums.com.
                Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Greetings

Hi everyone,

I've been tent camping since the ripe old age of three. I've been limited to camping on the eastern half of the country, mainly Tennessee, Michigan, Missouri and North Carolina. I'm the mother of two great teenage boys and thought it's about time I share my love of camping with others. I look forward to chatting with you .

Sandy

Comment

Just Registered

Howdy Sandy,
                    Welcome to the camping boards. We all hope your stay with us with a long and happy experience. This is a great site to swap stories about where you have been and or questions that you may have. Thank you for taking the time to join our humble but bragging group!
                    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks VDF

I'll wonder around and see what trouble I can get into.

Sandy

Comment

BIG Welcome to Mountainfitter, Camping Newbie and Sandy!
                        The more experiences to share, the better we all are!
                        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Too right! Thanks Big Dog

Comment

Hi all
                            I am Andrew...........42 chronological years, 25 years old when camping.
                            Married with 2 girls 8 and 10.
                            Took them camping 4 years ago for 3 nights.....not enough, they love it.
                            This year we are at our favourite spot on the Canadian Shield for 14 days, Grundy Lake Provincial Park, in Britt, Ontario CAN.
                            I camped here with my parents and brothers when I was 8.....keeping it in the family.

Here is a link to the website if interested........

http://www.ontarioparks.com/ENGLISH/grun.html

Comment

Welcome ontariocamper!
                              JohnJohn
                              ---------
                              Forum Admin

Comment

I'm Allan. I'm from Alabama. I am just getting into camping. I have a lot of questions. I hope some of the folks here can help me!

THANKS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X