Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello!

My name is Lauren and I live near Houston Texas.
    I'm 23 years old.

I have only done some minor car/tent camping in the last few years after I turned 18. My parents never took me, I guess being a girl allergic to everything they assumed I wouldn't enjoy it. What jerks right?

I'll be turning 24 this summer and *HOPEFULLY* will be doing some camping this fall. (I'll explain later in some questions, I promise.)
    I want to learn MORE about camping, Trying to be as prepared as I can, some of my questions I will be trying to post in the correct forums, but for now, it's nice to find a place where I can talk to some people who actually know what they are doing. :D

Looking forward to posting more and learning things, so hopefully one day I'll be one of the ones giving advice to newbies like me. :D

Comment

Thanks so much HogSnapper. I've been reading these forums for HOURS, I'm trying to read as many of the old posts over topics I have questions about, BEFORE I post a bunch of repetitive questions that have been answered multiple times.

Comment

Hello and welcome aboard, LaurenV.
        Smart you to read the older posts. Any reading that expands one's knowledge is good to me.
        My parents never took me camping either BUT I have taken my mother:D.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Just registered! Hello Everyone! I wish i could camp whole of my life!

Comment

Hey everybody! I just registered and that's because I am looking for some fruitful knowledge. I live in a town in Rhode Island, call it Sea Little. This place has ONLY EXPENSIVE SUMMER HOUSING RENT OPTIONS (many, many, many people probably know that feeling). I could move back home to my good, great parents, however I just got hired for an amazing restaurant job. I'm taking it. I like it. And I want to give them at least all the summer labor I can. It's like a promise when you get hired in May that you'll work to at least August 31. I know cause my parents owned a restaurant on the Cape when I was younger. Well listen, I am young, and sometimes us young folks, maybe, just maybe, like you old folks have a dumb idea to act upon now and then. Mine is squatting in a tent somewhere along these shores. Not the beach, too obvious to get caught, but in secluded woods and fields, and night fishing spots. Any suggestions about how to make this as comfortable as possible? Remember I can probably only have a bag pack because I don't want to draw suspicion of the local police, even though I have a feeeling they'll get me at some point, but for now it's a little cat and mouse game for now I am looking forward to and a great adventure for my first few months of out college. Yeah! URI. Thank any one for their advice and Camping Gods Bless You All. GOodbye !

Comment

• Re: I live

Hi , My name is Leann. I joined this to see if I could help in any way I can . My husband, Sons and I have been camping a lot with the Boy Scouts over the last 20 years.

Comment

Peter from SoCal. Was raised camping,dirtbiking,hunting, and have been out of the camping lifestyle for awhile, have gotten remarried and my bride is open to some easy camping (car camping) so I'm just sorta exploring the options for tent camping. have enjoyed the forum so far. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sreedhar View Post
                  Just registered! Hello Everyone! I wish i could camp whole of my life!
                  Hello Sreedhar and welcome. Some days your wish is mine as well.

Originally posted by ShoresofRhodeIsland View Post
                  Hey everybody! I just registered and that's because I am looking for some fruitful knowledge. I live in a town in Rhode Island, call it Sea Little. This place has ONLY EXPENSIVE SUMMER HOUSING RENT OPTIONS (many, many, many people probably know that feeling). I could move back home to my good, great parents, however I just got hired for an amazing restaurant job. I'm taking it. I like it. And I want to give them at least all the summer labor I can. It's like a promise when you get hired in May that you'll work to at least August 31. I know cause my parents owned a restaurant on the Cape when I was younger. Well listen, I am young, and sometimes us young folks, maybe, just maybe, like you old folks have a dumb idea to act upon now and then. Mine is squatting in a tent somewhere along these shores. Not the beach, too obvious to get caught, but in secluded woods and fields, and night fishing spots. Any suggestions about how to make this as comfortable as possible? Remember I can probably only have a bag pack because I don't want to draw suspicion of the local police, even though I have a feeeling they'll get me at some point, but for now it's a little cat and mouse game for now I am looking forward to and a great adventure for my first few months of out college. Yeah! URI. Thank any one for their advice and Camping Gods Bless You All. GOodbye !
                  I really don't have any good advice to give you and particularly for your specific locale (RI is soo tiny!) yet should you look through the forum, you'll find others with similar requests; do a search. Oh and just as a head's up,RI, has a stay one night, next night free plan going on currently for state park campgrounds. It might be useful to check it out.

Originally posted by velma edds View Post
                  Hi , My name is Leann. I joined this to see if I could help in any way I can . My husband, Sons and I have been camping a lot with the Boy Scouts over the last 20 years.
                  Hi Leann, here's hoping you post frequently and share some of that knowledge!

Originally posted by Bull Winkle View Post
                  Peter from SoCal. Was raised camping,dirtbiking,hunting, and have been out of the camping lifestyle for awhile, have gotten remarried and my bride is open to some easy camping (car camping) so I'm just sorta exploring the options for tent camping. have enjoyed the forum so far. Thanks
                  Hello Bull Winkle and congratulations on your new life! My SO will only car camp as well and it's been a great experience for us both.

Enjoy the forum, one and all!
                  2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

LV, this forum is so helpful. I have been hanging round on and off for about a year. RenoDesertFox rocks. If he does not know, he will get the help for you. I can hang out here for hours on end. Beats Facebook.

Don't get hung up on the minor details. Get some gear, some friends and hit the road. My first family camping trip was hilarious. The cheap tent broke before I set it up. We had a power outlet for my wife's electric wok. No sleeping bags for the kids. Wish I would have visited a forum before we packed up.
                    Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great site and I hope I can contribute useful info

Comment

Hiya SmokeyFire!
                        I like to think of your name when the gnats are swarming:D.
                        Have fun, share your knowledge and post often.
                        2017:

Comment

Hi everyone, new to the forum, but have been camping on & off for about 30 years, first with my folks, then by myself and hunting buddies, and now with my own family. Looking forward to hanging out here & sharing tips & tricks.

Comment

Hello everyone, Im from Houston, Texas. Always loved the outdoors, but never had been camping until recently since my girlfriend has 3 small children (5,4 and 2).

Comment

Hey, Rhys here (that's Reese), new to the forums...new to the world of camping really. Last time I camped was probably about 11 years ago, and I am now 27 years old. I live in Northeast Florida (Jacksonville), and I have been wanting to get into camping for as long as I can remember. I just never really knew anyone outside my circle of friends into camping unfortunately! Hope I can get some good tips so I can just start solo camping on my own! I'm about to purchase some kayaks in the next couple of days...I need to be outside!!

Comment

Hi, all. I'm John, from Sonoma, Ca. Looking to hike the JMT, or parts thereof, soon. Nice Forum, guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X