Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Welcome to the forum Antony. How is the camping in Greece? West Texas camping is generaly hot and dusty in the summer, cold and dusty in the winter.

WT
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

hello my friend! camping during the summer (lets say about 36...38 C degrees) its very nice as long as you are close to the sea!! the good thing is that there are so many island and a long costline so there can be a ot of different options
      About winter period i have no idea how it is because i never done this before but i would like to start it..actualy i am searcing now foe a winter tent but as long as i am not experienced its difficult for me to make a choise :=)

Comment

Hello to all
        The wife and I have camped for about 50 years. During those years our type of camping has changed many times, covered 49 states and Canada, and consisted of camping trips that lasted from a few days to six months. During our 21 years of military service we always camped enroute to our next stateside assignment. We were even lucky enough to have two tours in Alaska, for a total of 9 years. At the age of 70, and after we sold our RV, we find that we still want to see more of the western states and do more camping and fishing on the NC Outer Banks. We are now going back to tent camping, AGAIN. The wife does insest that the tent must be dry, have a tall queen air matress, and a portable toilet. The tent is now on order, with a late April delivery date, and I have the air matress. I am open to suggestions on a portable toilet. This year we plan to tent in our state of NC. If the tent works for us, we hope to go back to ND, SD, CO, and ???, next year. It will be nice to travel in a vehicle that allows us to stop anywhere, or pull into a motel on a rainy night. Reg & Stella

Comment

Hello All,

New member here at the forums. I have browsed them as a guest in the past but decided to join up now as the hunt for a new tent brought me here. We camp mainly in California, one trip into Northern Arizona. We are car campers that love to get outdoors with the family.

Shawn

Comment

Welcome Rakes and LarkLanter.
            "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Comment

welcome new members.
              Rake, I have a lug a loo. Basically a 5 gallon bucket that uses waste bags. They are decent, but expensive. $11 for 6, I think. They are ok, I would be worried about stability for older campers. I just acquired a visa flushable toilet. I am gonna try it out and see what I think. The super mod Reno desert fox may have some more advice on these toilets.
              Nights camped in 2019: 24
              Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Hi everyone,

Hello from a little town near Washington PA (south of Pittsburgh). I'm new to the forum but not to the camping experience. I'm back home after 8 months overseas serving time in the military. During my time I was involved in an incident and making a long story short, I lost my right leg in an explosion ( please no sorries, I've come to terms with my loss and its ok). I'll be fitted with my prosthetic over the next few months along with my daily regimen of PT. I'd like to get back into my old hobbies, camping being my favorite.

So here I am. I'll be asking a lot of questions along the way and searching around for tips and expert opinions. I have no gear other than a tent and sleeping bag and i'll be starting from scratch with everything else, so i'm on the lookout for some inexpensive cooking gear as well as water filtration and such. Im glad to be back and again I look forward to chatting with some of you folks here.

Thank you for taking the tim to read this.

Best

Comment

• Re: I live

Hello all, I just realized I've not properly introduced my self! I have been an avid camper for over 20 years now. When I met my wife many years ago, we bought a small 8 x 10 cabin tent from Kmart on an impulse buy. Little did we know what that tent would lead to over the years. We've owned many different tents, and even a couple of pop up campers, but have always gone back to the tents. We enjoy being outdoors, cooking in the outdoor kitchen, and just spending quality time with out all the distractions of life and technology. We currently own four tents of various sizes (from a 5x6 to 10x14), designs, and each has it's own purpose. Very recently, as in tonight, we ordered a Kodiak canvas tent. I look forward to learning as much as possible from everyone, as well as sharing our own experiences, tips, and advice with everyone.

David

Comment

Welcome to the forum Sandstorm and Astrowolf67.

Comment

• Re: I live

New here.
                      New camper here, from Illinois, just saying hello. I have tons of questions and hopefully this is the place I can get them all answered......

Comment

Welcome to the forum Bugs13... and there are plenty of folks here with answers. I still have several questions myself...lol

Comment

Originally posted by West Texan View Post
                          Welcome to the forum Bugs13... and there are plenty of folks here with answers. I still have several questions myself...lol
                          Thank you!

Comment

Hi Everyone! My name is Brandon. I'm 32 years old and live in a small town about 30 miles south of St. Louis. I am pretty new to the camping scene. I went a few times as a kid, but never really learned very much about camping as the tent was put up for me and my parents always took care of the fire. I have recently got the camping "bug" and am hoping to start camping a couple times a year. So, I will definitely be reading up on these forums for help, tips, ideas, and etc. Any tips or whatever that you guys would love to share is definitely appreciated! At this point, I will most likely do tent camping, but later on down the road I might try to do a little backpacking. Overall, I think I prefer primitive camping. Even though I don't know much about it or even what you would have to take with you in order to primitive camp, I just think that not being right next to another campsite with loud kids, barking dogs, or drunk people all the time would be the way to go. I want to have peace and quiet, see the beautiful scenery, wake up to the birds chirping, and maybe even bath in the nearby lake. Boy, does that sound like camping to me! Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great information and I hope I get the chance to meet a lot of you guys soon! Thanks!
                            Last edited by Brandon; 03-07-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Brandon. I'm getting hooked on the "primitive camping" myself. Been out on one particular trail several times and not once have I seen another person out there. The only sounds are the wind through the trees, the elk, coyotes, and other wildlife. Not any lake on or near my trail though, otherwise I could stay more than 2 nights....LOL. You will find loads of info here, great bunch of campers on this site.

WT

Comment

Thanks for the welcome West Texan!

Comment

Working...
                                X