Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello John John glad to be a part of the Camping Forums just started camping 2 month ago and like it very much if anyone has any tips
    we would like it very much Thanks Frank Bailey

Comment

• Re: I live

Hello, my name is Chris Mallory. Im still kinda new to camping so trying to sponge up the knowledge here.

Comment

Howdy Chris and welcome to to forum.

WT
        "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Howdy, Mal....err Chris, welcome pard!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hi! I am an avid camper, spending my summer months living in my tent, hiking, and kayaking. Upstate NY and Maine are my favorite camping places. I am 57... soon to be 58. I can't imagine I'll ever want to give up my tent.
            Rose

Comment

Welcome to the forum Rose.

WT
              "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Comment

Got place in the Va, mtns. if ya wanna try ruffin it.
                G.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Me! View Post
                  Hey guys, Jason here.

I'm 29 years old and currently live in Winston-Salem, North Carolina (but I'm open to relocation if they money is right!) I have a beautiful girlfriend that I intend to marry once I can afford to give her the wedding that she deserves. She makes me laugh, and puts up with my crap, which can be a heavy load to bear at times.

I had camped a couple times as a kid but until recently I hadn't really set foot into the great outdoors. I have always enjoyed everything nature had to offer I just never really took advantage of it as an adult. Boy was I missing out!

This whole outdoorsy thing sort of happened by chance. One day I realized I needed a hobby. My original plan was to start brewing my own beer, so I sunk a lot of money into a homemade kegerator and starting doing research on equipment and what I needed for an all grain kegging set up. (I'm sort of a go big or go home type of dude)

About 3 weeks into doing research, and about 3 seconds prior to pulling the trigger on purchasing brew kettles, mash/lauter tuns, hot liquor tanks, kegs, pumps, burners, and all sorts of ridiculous things, I realized that the only person that was going to enjoy this hobby was me. I felt so selfish and stupid that I was totally leaving out the most important thing in my life - my girlfriend. I decided to try and find something both of us could enjoy, but I was totally stumped.

By chance, while drunk-surfing the internet one night, I was looking at fishing poles (Reason unknown since I don't really get a chance to fish as much as I'd like to) and I accidentally clicked on an REI banner ad instead of my intended target link.

To make a long story short, all of the money I had saved for this expensive homebrew hobby went toward some of the best times my girlfriend and I have had. Spent in the great outdoors, away from all of the crap life throws at you. Something we both could enjoy.

I had no idea what REI was at the time, but it was the best mis-click I've ever made. Since then we've been on a few camping trips. Some awesome, some that made me want to return all my gear, but we managed to make it through all of it together.

I'm hooked now. I officially have the itch. We just got back from an awesome trip in Georgia but I'm already dying to get back out. I'd really like to go more minimalist and try some backpacking but I'm not sure if "the boss" is ready to trade in her car camping luxuries like a 4 person tent with an air mattress and 2 burner camp stove for a backpack, hammock, and an alcohol stove that I made out of a soda can, you know? (lol)

Anyway, I'm happy just being outdoors. I'm so glad I decided to invest in something we both ending up loving instead of stinking up the garage just so I can have 5 gallons of homebrew once every 5 or so weeks. (I know, it still sounds delicious to me too but that's not the point)

Also, I'll be looking forward to that REI dividend check in March, lol.

Got place in the Va mtns, if ya wanna ruff it.
                  G.

Comment

New to posting on the forums, but I have lurked for a few weeks. When I was younger I often camped with my family, now that I have a family of my own I want to take them. I have three kids ages 8, 6, and almost 4. Have yet to purchase a tent, but it is imminent.

Comment

Hello all,

My name is Dwayne and I am a 29 year old artist. I currently work in the medium photography and have been making videos along side the workflow. I was introduced to camping from an awesome friend of mine. Once I went up to the Catskills for the first time for a weekend camp I was in awe. I've never felt anything like it and have been continuing my journey ever since. I'm a huge advocate of sharing and giving back. I look forth to my encounters with the unknown, and hope the welcome me soul whole heartedly.

-Dwayne

Comment

I've lurked the forums off and on for awhile now. Been starting to get the camping itch and starting to plan this years trips so decided to join the conversation so to speak. My wife and I made it out camping seven times that I can remember last summer. All to WI state parks. I haven't camped outside of WI since our vacations as a child. We have been getting more adventurous as we've made it out more hoping to do a short backpacking trip this summer. Thanks to everyone that contributes and makes this forum a pleasure to read.

Comment

Hello!!

I was just browsing the web looking for some answers to some camping questions i had when i stumbled across this forum. I figured this would be an interesting place to find some answers and ask some questions about the great outdoors!! I love being outdoors - a great way to get away from the busy/stressful city life and get away with some great friends and meet great people!! I love backpacking, hiking, outdoor sports etc. - anything that gets me outside, in the mountains and away from the city!! And I'm definitely a gear nerd!! I enjoy learning about all the grand new technologies that help make our outdoor experience better!! Thanks in advance for answering any questions I have!!

Comment

Howdy everyone, great to have ya'll here. Plenty of seats round the campfire.

WT

Comment

Welcome new members!!!!
                              Nights camped in 2019: 24
                              Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

hello all my name is Antony, i am 25 years old and i live in Greece. I like camping a lot during the summer and i would like to start camping during all seasons.
                                i just registered to the forum which i really find very interesting and helpful!
                                Best regards to all! i wish to everyone a lot of camping vacations :=)

Comment

Working...
                                X