Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello Everybody,

My name is Jim and I am a first time poster to your forum. It is great to be here with my fellow campers. I am from Royersford, PA. a suburb of Philadelphia, PA. I am re-married to Stephanie and together we have 5 children, one in college and 4 at home. My wife and I discovered the love of camping together about seven years ago. We bought our first WalMart tent together and headed to a county park for a weekend camping trip totally unprepared but loved every second of it. It rained, we couldnt keep a fire going to save our lives and eventually we drove to the nearest gas station for coffee and warmth. We fell in love with camping that weekend and have been doing it ever since. We've exposed our kids to camping also and we have all been learning along the way picking up tricks of the trade as we go along and as we meet such fine helpful camping folks. Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by wcbass View Post
      Newbie here! My husband and I are fulltime RVers who spend our winters in SE AZ, where we enjoy tent camping. In fact, we are heading out Thursday. Just found this forum
      Welcome! I'm a newbie as well, and one of the reasons I joined this forum is to live vicariously through others who get to camp in the southwest! I miss it soooooo much now that I'm living in Nebraska!

Please share your stories and pictures!

Campnkt

Comment

• Re: I live

Howdy AlexW, wcb**** Camaholics, & Campnkt pulled up a log and have joined our merry throng! Just remember that your first six post or threads are moderated and all we chat 'bout is camping! Thanks for taking the time to register and we all look forward to your input and questions! Just find a subject that interests you and there ya go!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hello Everyone, I am 57, widowed and live in South East Oklahoma. I love camping, fishing and dancing. I own/refurbishing a 1971 Airstream Overlander bumper pull and a 1986 Fleetwood Prowler 5th wheel. I am retired military and I work full time at present but am trying to get things payed off so I can work camp in a few years. I would do it sooner but my girlfriend needs to work for nine more years before she retires. Anyway, hope to meet some of you on the road. Happy Trails.

Comment

Welcome, all of you new folks! Enjoy your stay with us, and we look forward to chatting with you.
            Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Hi Everyone! Another newbie to the site. My husband and I camp, hike, geocache and participate in probably every outdoor activity we can get our hands on. We've got one boy and 3 girls and we're getting them more into the outdoors with us. Our son is getting ready to cross over to being a scout this year and we're really excited for him for that. We tent camp primarily unless it's warmer weather and we just need bivy sacks and blankets.

Comment

OH HEY! I was looking for an "Introduction" section to post an intro and didn't see this thread until now. (I delved into the specialty threads for a couple days before I came in to look at general chat.

Anyway, I'm a biker and long time tent camper, though I have spend a few nights in friends campers. I have camped from trucks, cars, and motorcycles. Besides that, I was a member of the SCA for about 15 years and learned a lot of useful skills there, plus some playing around with airsoft, geocaching, and other outdoorsy type activities. I'm mainly on here to pick up some more tricks and tips from other people, and to learn soem more about backpacking, since I want to give that a try. My friends all consider my pretty spartan when I am camping, so I figure backpacking might be fun.
                Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm active duty military, have a family of four(wife 2 kids<6) and we love camping. Tent camping for now. We like anywhere we can fish, use our canoe our or ride our ATVs.

Comment

Hi my name is Randy, have been an avid backpacker/camper for quite some time. Age has help me mitrate from backpacking to tent camping to pop-up trailering and for the last 14 years a 25 foot trailer. I have two daughters that also love camping and the trailer has been a very important part of their lives as well as numerous other neighborhood kids. The girls are now married and I have three grand kids. We hope to continue the camping experience will all of them. Reside in Southern Calif, major haunts are the Mojave Desert, Jalama Beach (Santa Barbara Co) and anywhere in the Eastern Sierras.

Comment

Shout outs to Randy, Ole Nasty, Shadow & Vex for taking the time to say howdy here at our campfire! Glad you decided to pull up a log and chat about camping! We all hope that your stay with us will be a long and happy camping journey! Thanks!

Comment

New to this site. Just wanted to say hi. I'm from Cedar Park Tx.

Comment

Happy to hear from you fished! Welcome to CF!

Comment

New here from San Antonio tx. Going to be going to erock to go camping and do some climbing. Hoping this burn ban goes away soon.

Comment

Hey all,

New here from St. Amant, Louisiana. Hadn't tent camped since I was a kid. Just picked it back up due to having a 1st grader I put in cub scouts this year. Been on 2 pack campouts and have rediscovered the joys of it. My wife, 11 year daughter, 6 year old son and I love it!!!

Happy camping!!!

Comment

Hello Gang
                                I haven't been camping since Boy scouts and the wife has never been . My main interest is to find out how to camp out of a car due to a volunteer effort in the racing scene to defer some of the hotel stay costs and fixing my own meals. I spend on avg. of $225-350 for the weekend after meals and lodging. I know this community will be able to help me figure this out.

Thanks
                                Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X