Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Thanks, NYCgrrl...
    http://natawijaya-photography.blogspot.com
    http://natawijaya-journey.blogspot.com

Comment

Hello and I'm glad to have joined the forums, lets hope it's the only Camping Forum I should have to join. I live in North Carolina and am in the military, currently deployed and I have made a list of a few things that I miss most in life and camping is one of them. I haven't been camping since I was in 8th grade, I was 14. Now I'm 23, and the wife and I were talking about going hiking/camping to spend time together, plus it's just a cheap inexpensive way to not have to spend alot of money. Now, it's just time for me to learn on how to camp properly, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinggus View Post
        Hello and I'm glad to have joined the forums, lets hope it's the only Camping Forum I should have to join. I live in North Carolina and am in the military, currently deployed and I have made a list of a few things that I miss most in life and camping is one of them. I haven't been camping since I was in 8th grade, I was 14. Now I'm 23, and the wife and I were talking about going hiking/camping to spend time together, plus it's just a cheap inexpensive way to not have to spend alot of money. Now, it's just time for me to learn on how to camp properly, lol.
        Welcome, Dinggus! I'm guessing that you may be stationed at Fort Bragg -- we were there back in the early 90's. My husband got out after about 14 years, before the second Iraq war.

Like you, I camped every year when I was a kid, but I didn't get back into it as an adult until last year. It's been one of the best decisions we ever made! We've had a blast and like you said, it's inexpensive!

This is a really great site! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. :cool:
        "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
        ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Hi folks having fun all day in the sun!

Comment

Smartcamper & Hogsnapper welcome!
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
              Smartcamper & Hogsnapper welcome!
              Ditto!
              "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"

Comment

I am new to the forum so I am just stopping by to say "hello". It looks like a great place to share ideas about locations and swap stories!

teric
                "I don't like to trespass but sometimes you just find yourself over the line" - Bob Dylan
                Car Camping - Your Escape Shuttle to a Cutting Edge Vacation

Comment

• Re: I live

Glad to have found this board. Spent quite a bit of time reading old threads. We have five children at home, one away at college. We have 2 daughters in an American Heritage Girl troop and 2 boys in a Cub Scout Pack (soon to be one in Boy Scouts!). My husband loves camping and I have reluctantly gone along. So far our compromise is that we go somewhere that has showers. Haven't run out of campgrounds yet. This year should see us camping a lot more as he won't be deployed! Between the two groups plus friends we are planning quite a few trips. He got home at the end of May and we've gone twice already plus he went for a week with one son to Cub Scout camp. Thanks for having me.

Comment

Welcome teric and Melissa!

This is a great place to share ideas about camping!

Comment

Hello All!!

I'm new to the site and so far it looks to provide some great information and great people. I love to camp. Primarily I go on my motorcycle, two up. I can pack for at least 4 days on the bike, except for Ice which I will generall drop and setup the base camp and return for Ice if so needed. I try to stick to backpack/walk-in sites as they generally are more secluded. This year will be the first year I take my kids (age 9 and 6) on a real camping trip (they have slept in the tent in back yards). This will require I take a caged vehicle (car). I like the minimalist approch but that will have to change some with the kids.

Anyways, thanks for the site so far it's great?

Comment

• Calling into Camp

Howdee and greetings all, I'm StreamWalker.

Thanks for letting me join this fire

Comment

Howdy Back StreamWalker & Mr. Digitech welcome to our fire! Pull-up a log, find something that interests you and post-up. Easiest way to get to know folk from far and wide. If something's on your mind and you don't see anyone chattin 'bout it go ahead and start your own thread. Soon you'll be right at home with us easy folk. Remember that your first 4-6 posts are moderated, that's to protect the campateers from unwanted mischief, everyone has gone through the initiation process, so pour your favorite beverage and get your $0.02 known 'bout campin. Thanks!
                          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hello there fellow campers. I'm a newbie and of course, I plunged right in and did a post in the tent camping section before posting here. Cuz I needed some advice on a tent. Anyway, I am Gena and I am soooo super new to camping. I'm a single gal who has decided to try camping as part of my bucket list at the ripe old age of my mid 50's (ya didn't think I was really gonna tell you how old I was now did ya?). Lots of good information here - knowledgeable and friendly people too. I think I'm going to enjoy it and learn a lot. If anybody can make me successful at this - I believe the folks here can.
                            I 'need' an Ipad to take with me camping!

Comment

Welcome StreamWalker, Mr. Digitech, and campnewbie!

Comment

HowDo new folks. Did my share of tent camping for free with my uncle years back. Am now a comfort camper.
                                This is a good place for all types of gad-a-bouts.
                                Glad you are aboard.
                                Myself, usually post boring things about wife Jan and I's getting out and about.
                                Glad you are here.
                                Last edited by angler57; 07-13-2011, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X