Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Howdy back wildbill and thank you for your enthusiasm! Just jump right in and make yourself known as a full fledged campateer here. We all hope your stay with us will be a long and continued camping journey! Remember your first 6 posts are moderated then after that you're pretty much on your own! Thanks again for joining our little horde!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by familycamper View Post
      Hey everyone. Figured I'd drop a word and say hi. I tried to post a short bio that was maybe a bit long and the site logged me out. Here's the shorter version. Married father of 4 and I like camping and hiking. Been doing it since I was knee high to a June bug. My kids love the outdoors, my wife not so much. She's coming around though. I car camp with the family. Any other time, I'm in my jungle hammock. I sleep much better there. I've been doing bushcraft since before it was called bushcraft. We called it...get this... roughing it. Enough about me though. I gots to go check oout the rest of the site. Thanks for having me and I look forward to getting to know y'all.
      familycamper, welcome....you can change those settings that "timed you out" in your profile page anytime once you have posted 6 posts or threads. Welcome to the campfire!

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
        familycamper, welcome....you can change those settings that "timed you out" in your profile page anytime once you have posted 6 posts or threads. Welcome to the campfire!
        Thanks for the welcome and the heads up. Looks like a good crowd here. Looking forward to hangin out as much as I can.

Comment

Hi! I am from north east Indiana. We enjoy car camping with a tent. I grew up camping and fishing. Finally after 20 years of trying to get my husband to camp, I succeeded. The first week end we camped together, every time we tried to make dinner it stormed. We didn’t have a canopy so we spent a lot of time in the tent. I thought, he would say no more. Imagine my surprise when on the way home he said he felt as he had been on vacation and he really enjoyed it. We love to bicycle, and hike with our coon hound.
          Great information here!

Comment

Hi,
            My name is Gabriel, and my fiancée and our friend have just gotten into camping and hiking. We figure it would give us a sense of adventure and would help us health wise. We live in Southern Nevada so the hiking is kind of hard right now as the temperature is rising. I joined the sight so that I can get tips on safely hiking and camping in Southern Nevada's dry, hot climate. I hope to get plenty of good tips from all the experts here, and to give my input on some of the topics.

Thanks,
            Gabe

Comment

Howdy benzeier, Gabriel Capuchino & Denni2 thanks for joining CF! We all certainly hope that your stay with us will be a long and happy camping journey! Remember you first six posts are moderated. If you have questions the best way to get a response is find the correct style of camping and ask your question anew there. This thread is for just sayin hi.

Comment

Hi All,

It’s fair to say that i am probably as far from where most of you reside as its possible to get. So, hello from the Perth, Western Australia. Just wanted to say you guys have an awesome forum here and it's quite interesting to read as lot of the questions about camping appear to be the same no matter where you live. I might also add that it also looks like you take camping to whole different level.

We (my wife, 8yo daughter &me) are newbies to camping but figuring it out and seemingly making the Coleman corporation a lot more profitable, an interesting thing is that while a lot of the products are similar ie LED lanterns, grills etc, the tents are completely different. The tent we have is a Coleman Chalet 9CV which is three room tent about 6 metres x 2.5metres, (sorry about the metric), http://www.colemanaustralia.com.au/gear/tents-and-shelters/gold-series/chalet™-9-cv.aspxColeman Xtreme Esky or cooler etc.

Anyway I hope to pick up some useful tips and tricks as well contribute.

Ger
                Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-01-2011, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the campfire and so glad you found us! It'll be great reading camping in Australia and you have a great tent! Hope you stick around, find a thread and post up some comments, there is always room for another campateer! btw: we also have a few European & United Kingdom campers and one from South Africa too that stop by every once in awhile, wish they would chat more, it's fun learning from each other no matter where you strike your tent!:cool:

Comment

HowDo Perth 08 from Ohio River Valley, southern Indiana. Tall corn and Soy beans along with industries put bread on the tables here.
                    Camping and fishing are our weakness. Well, food but, that is a topic for another day.
                    We camp in a Roadtrek van camper.
                    Extended van (19.5 ft.) with full bed in rear. Galley and head in center and four captains chairs up front.
                    A hot cup of coffee and a campfire is our favorite relaxation spot.
                    Glad your here. Shalom

Comment

Hi, I just joined the forum. I am from New York and currently have a community of my own. I am in the process of becoming a partner to advertise on this site but have run into some issues that hopefully an admin from this site will help me with. I love bass fishing and my community is all about bass fishing! Camping is one of the best activities you can do to truly enjoy natures beauty. Camp fires would have to be my favorite!

Comment

• Re: I live

Hello my name is shona. I'm a single mom that loves to camp I'm 31 with to girls 12 and 9 and who knew they would like it also last year was out 1st year going tent camping and we have been hooked. Was looking for a forum where I could meet other single moms and also learn how other people pack, cook, & keep kids busy.

nice to meet everyone

Comment

Welcome, Shona!

Everyone here loves to chat about camping and how they do things. Plus, there's always lots of pictures, too.
                          "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
                          ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Hi all, just join this forum yesterday... really enjoy reading posts here, and the photos are awesome, they just made me wanna pack my things and go camp outhere... :D

I am Indonesian, 30 years old male, now living in Abu Dhabi with my family for about 2 years... Me, my wife and my children (5 years old daughter and 2.5 years old son) are really love to go outhere for camping...

This photo is from our last trip to Jabal Shams in Oman...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2930.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	69332
                            Last edited by UAE_Camp; 06-15-2011, 12:43 AM.
                            http://natawijaya-photography.blogspot.com
                            http://natawijaya-journey.blogspot.com

Comment

Hello Shona .

How nice that you're introducing your girls to camping now.
                              I did the same with my now close to your age boys in the past and now take my almost 6 y/o grand darling ( AKA the Princess. Yehhhhhhup- I dote :D)out to see another part of life.
                              I truly believe it makes better people of future generations and it's not doing too badly by me either, LOL.

Have fun here. Lot's of friendly people and for sure you'll get lots of great info.
                              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Hello UAECamp,

Your screen name had me intrigued and I smiled at self when I realised I was right.
                                Have a good Oz friend who lived in Doha for a few years and his photos of Oman, Qatar and neighbouring countries make me long to visit that part of the world one day.

Welcome and have fun here!
                                2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                                Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
                                X