Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I live

Hello to everyone,

My husband and I (Dennis and Donna) have been married 40 years this December 2011. We have camped in various types of situations. In the early years it was tent camping (we still have our tents and do use them occasionally). We moved on to a pop-up, then a small and very old used trailer. Our older son is asthmatic and one rainy canvas experience (went to ER and he barely made it) nixed the tenting for us. However, we've had some great camping experiences. Presently, we are thinking of purchasing a 18-23 foot trailer (no canvas), but have lots of questions before we bite the bullet and lay out that much $$$. One question is, "has anyone used a water tank before?" We would like to do the national campgrounds, but there is no water at most national parks, nor is there electricity. If we carry our own water it adds weight, so we are wondering if anyone knows of another solution to this? Where is the best place to get water near the national parks (so we don't have to carry it)?

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hi everyone,

We are new. Hope to get to know you all as time goes on. We are looking at an RV (18-23 feet range). Used to tent, but don't like canvas, etc. now. We are older (60's) and need a little more comfort, but love camping.

Comment

Welcome to CF Donna! Hope your stay with us is a long and happy camping journey! I noticed that you asked a question in your introduction and you may not get that many responses in this thread. This thread is designed for campateers to just say hi. I would suggest that you find the correct sub-forum "small or large trailer campers and ask your question again about water storage and the like. Then you'll get a lot more responses. Also remember you're first four to six posts or threads are moderated, so you don't have to post your question twice. After you have passed the trial period then you can pretty much chime in where you will. It's a great bunch of campateers here and everyone who camps as you have chosen will chime in eventfully. As the season warms, campers camp, but we are so happy that when you're not camping that you have chosen to spend some time with us.
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Just joined up. Looking to gain some insight on some great spots in my area, SF Bay Area, CA, USA.

Thanks!

Comment

Welcome to CF! Down the main forum page is a section of "Where to Go" and it serves double duty. A campateer can and usually asks "where to go?" And if you're found a place and what to tell other campateers about what a great place it was, or even the flip-side(how rotten it was), you can pen a report there in the correct section of the part of universe you camped at! So howdy an' welcome, hope your stay with us is a long and happy journey in campin!
            Last edited by renodesertfox; 04-05-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just want to say hello. Hope to gather lots of information from everyone.

We are planning our first ever camping trip. I'll be posting questions pretty soon....

Thanks, Joe

Comment

Hey all,

As a kid/teenager I went camping quite a bit. As I got older, it seemed to happen less and less. Its been 6/7 years since my last camping trip and I have an itiching to go.

I will be going with my GF and puppy this summer. GF has never been tent camping, she has been in an RV with all of their nicities. Any advise for helping a first time tent camper?
                Also, first time having a dog with me while camping, any advise?

Now all I need to do is get equipment, find a spot and time to go.

Scott

Comment

Welcome to the campfire Rivmage & xjfan! Remember that your first 4 to 6 threads.posts are moderated then everything is pretty much golden from there. Rivmage, it's best to re-ask the questions that you may have in other threads, such as car/tent camping or general chat pertaining to camping with puppys and first time camping! This thread of "just registered" is designed to just intro yourself to our little forum group. Besides every question you may have counts towards getting the moderation period over with as quickly as possible, so we can just chat camping! Thanks for taking the time for becoming a fellow campateer!!!!!!!

Comment

Signed up a day ago. I live in San Angelo Texas and am a single father of two. We tent camp and pull the 5er out a few times a year. Looking for some folks with common interest and some more wise than me to answer the questions I might have.

Cody
                    Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Comment

Howdy! Guitarzan here. I'm getting back into camping after a 20+ year break. Bought some new gear recently (Coleman Sundome tent, new Coleman stove and lantern, and a nice cot and sleeping bag) to replace the stuff I've loaned out over the years and never got back. Duh!

I've been lurking here a couple days and printed off a couple checklists to use. Thank you! I'm planning on getting out this next week close to home and spending a couple nights enjoying some peace and quiet. We'll see how the "trial run" goes.

Comment

I'm new to Southern California and looking for advice on where the best spots are!

Comment

• Re: Rookie to this forum, pro at camping.

Welcome to the boards abby!

Comment

Hello Campers! Glad I found this place!

My name is Jack and like yourselves I love camping and just being outside! I'm from Cincinnati, but live in Northern Ky.

I go to Red River Gorge a lot if your familiar with it. I've been yearning to do some beach camping on the East Coast!

One of my favorite adventures would be a 150+ mile trip in the BWCA. Best thing that's happen to me! I definitely plan on going back, and of course exploring the unknown!

Happy Camping Everyone!!

Comment

Just joined and love the discussions.

Comment

Welcome to the pot Jack Page, and outdoorjim.
                                Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X